Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does anyone know if this here laser is legit?

So I'm looking at this here laser: www.rayfoss.com
Can it be trusted? It's ok if the laser really outputs about 100mw, as I don't expect too much from a 69$ laser. I just want to know if they can be trusted or not. (you know in-case there trash like lazerpoint)

will do:p I read the terms of use when I registered for lpf, but your right, I shoulda used the search bar before posting this :T sorry.

So I'm looking at this here laser: www.rayfoss.com
Can it be trusted? It's ok if the laser really outputs about 100mw, as I don't expect too much from a 69$ laser. I just want to know if they can be trusted or not. (you know in-case there trash like lazerpoint)

No, it can not be trusted. It's a cheap 10$ laser that is sold for 69$.

This laserpointer doesn't output 150mW. Barely 80 - 90mW.

And the worst thing is that you don't get what you see in the picture. What you get is a laser that looks like this, including the cheap black box and the same yellow-green crappy batteris.

How do I know all of this? - I bought exactly this laser from Rayfoss for 69$. As soon as I received it, I sent it back for a full refund.

Bottom line:

DON'T BUY IT.

Last edited:
After reading some posts about rayfoss lasers laser, and reading your post too, I finally gave up and decided to spend a little extra money on an optotronics laser :D. From what I've heard, their quite reputable and receiving a defective laser is quite rare.

hello and welcome- I look forward to reading your 'intro' thread in the welome section found by clikcking on 'newcomers' near the top of the home page(but below ALL the ads)

I will tell you this-- there are NO really great lasers sold BY companies that are cheap, but many poor ones sold at high prices.

They count on you having no access to a LPM.

BUY from another forum member that is not a newcomer-Then.. you do have a chance to get both a good laser and a good price- check all reps/feedbacks and reviews- there is no substitution for doing your own home work-

the guys who have posted above all gave you good advice-- its now up to you what you do with it..

ps until you add your location in your PROFILE we cannot give you very good advice- so go do that now-- I will +rep you if you do.. its also good to add your education/profession and goals In regard to lasers in your PROFILE- just posting those bits of info in a post or thread does very little to help those wanting to help you-- capeesh?

You only get back from this 'hobby' what you put into it..len