Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Does a green Laser is really dangerous if we don't use Google?

I just want to know why ir are so bad for the human :) or how can this affect our body ?

Should the IR free laser are better than one that is not filtered?

I am just affraid to buy a laser without an IR filter but i don't really know if its really dangerous ... :eek:

Thanks in advances !

StokTT

et oui il faut que tu mett tes lunettes de securité surtout si tu l'utilise a l'interieur
and yes you have tu wear your safety glasses mainly indoor

Lol i Already know this page from WL but the newbie was think that is not a good source of information :)

Thanks anyway :p

OOPS! I can't believe that it went to WL:banghead:

Last edited:
I just want to know why ir are so bad for the human :) or how can this affect our body ?

Should the IR free laser are better than one that is not filtered?

I am just affraid to buy a laser without an IR filter but i don't really know if its really dangerous ... :eek:

Thanks in advances !

To answer your question bluntly.. in principle they are both as dangerous as each other with or without.

If you want to get complicated that's a different story.

But seeing as you don't know this information I wouldn't recommend getting a powerful one..

It's a learning curve.. you get used to how they work and how to be safe with less powered ones... so you can progress too much more powerful modules.

For example. Your waving around a 5mW green... OOPS.. it flashes your eye... It doesn't matter too much because the power is too low to create any damage for that short amount of time.

But if a 1W green flashes your eye... (Or anything above 30mW for that matter) prepare for a couple of days with a small blind spot.. it will eventually dissapear.. but not entirely...

For example.. ever done those illusion things where you stare long enough at a dot that the picture surrounding it vanishes...

The same principle goes for your eyes if they get flash blinded.. your eye will just get use to it being there and you won't see it... only when you blink really fast will you see remnants of it.

You must learn your room and surroundings.. I didn't actively do this.. but after a while I found what parts of my room and house reflected the most and absorbed the most.. I knew it off heart by the end but it wasn't intentional.

Etc Etc..

D

Deleted member 22482

I have used a 600mW Green laser (IR filtered though) for a while now, without any sideeffects, but I'm super careful! I always make sure there is a 8 meter+ distance, there is no risk of getting it reflected and I'm mostly outside to minimize the risk even more.

Reason is I don't have a pair of goggles and I actually shouldn't have ended up with this laser, JetLasers sent me a wrong laser..

I have used a 600mW Green laser (IR filtered though) for a while now, without any sideeffects, but I'm super careful! I always make sure there is a 8 meter+ distance, there is no risk of getting it reflected and I'm mostly outside to minimize the risk even more.

Reason is I don't have a pair of goggles and I actually shouldn't have ended up with this laser, JetLasers sent me a wrong laser..

What were you supposed to get?