Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Doctor & Hospital Visits

Ace82

This poll has 2 parts, set for multiple votes allowed so please vote only one in either/both of the parts.  

Part 1.
By show of vote, how many people go see the doctor or to the hospital without hesitation, vs. those people who avoid the two at ALL COSTS.  I know the criticality has a big roll (and so does insurance...but lets exclude that for now), but everybody knows someone (if it’s not you) who are so stubborn and strong; “I’m a man, I’ll heal myself” attitude and will fight against going.  

Part 2.
By show of vote, how many people trust the diagnoses of your/a doctor and follow through with their prescribed treatment?   If you’re someone who voted NO in part 1, then you have finally forced yourself to see a doctor.  Or will you simply follow your own treatment?

Hmmmm.... i don't fit the criteria here. I am a nurse by profession, and i know when i need a doctor and when i don't. :cool:

Ted

i avoid the doc on small things flu-small cuts but always go for broken bones large slashes/cuts :-?

Ace82

haha, You seem confused. There are some people who go to the doctor if they have a cold. Then there are some people who avoid the hospital if they break their leg. ;D A nurse told me that her father died because he neglected his health thinking he was too tough for that and could have been saved if he had gone earlier. His thoughts "If it's my time, it's my time". ::)

I usually only go to the doctor for stuff like injuries or colds that get really bad - and take the medicine if perscribed. Otherwise I usually avoid the doctor (meds are expensive, colds usually go away, etc)

Well it really should just be common sense unless you're some kind of silly hypochondriac. If you're sick and it's worse than normal, maybe see a doctor. If you cut yourself and there's a huge gaping gash that obviously requires stitches, see a doctor. I've never broken any bones, and after seeing many videos of it happening and the pain that ensues, I don't plan to lol and I wouldn't refuse to go to the hospital if I did. It's not something you can just "walk off" especially if it's your leg which is broken :D

Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -i wear helmets now now i woke up in the hospital that time lol

john_lawson said:
Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs  left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -i wear helmets now  now i woke up in the hospital that time lol
damn lol. funny i just came in from riding my pocket bike too ;D :p

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=john_lawson link=1227046542/0#7 date=1227050219]Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -i wear helmets now now i woke up in the hospital that time lol
damn lol. funny i just came in from riding my pocket bike too ;D :p[/quote]
lol !! You must look damn funny on that thing haha. big 'ol afro must be hard to put a helmet on if you do use one ;D could u post a pic of your bike ??

john_lawson said:
Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs  left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -[highlight]i wear helmets now[/highlight]  now i woke up in the hospital that time lol

ROFL... all the time John.. :-? :-? :-?.... ROFL.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

John..... you crack me up.... ROFL... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jerry

Wesdaman14 said:
[quote author=HumanSymphony link=1227046542/0#9 date=1227054928][quote author=john_lawson link=1227046542/0#7 date=1227050219]Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs  left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -i wear helmets now  now i woke up in the hospital that time lol
damn lol. funny i just came in from riding my pocket bike too  ;D :p[/quote]
lol !! You must look damn funny on that thing haha. big 'ol afro must be hard to put a helmet on if you do use one  ;D  could u post a pic of your bike ?? [/quote]
It definitely has a lot of wind resistance lol ;D I don't wear a helmet as I simply don't have one nor can I fit one on. Can't get a pic of my bike right now, but it's not too pretty (bought it used). Has no body kit on it, but I plan to get the body kit below, then it'll look sweet.

6271880.jpg

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=Wesdaman14 link=1227046542/0#10 date=1227058556][quote author=HumanSymphony link=1227046542/0#9 date=1227054928][quote author=john_lawson link=1227046542/0#7 date=1227050219]Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs  left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -i wear helmets now  now i woke up in the hospital that time lol
damn lol. funny i just came in from riding my pocket bike too  ;D :p[/quote]
lol !! You must look damn funny on that thing haha. big 'ol afro must be hard to put a helmet on if you do use one  ;D  could u post a pic of your bike ?? [/quote]
It definitely has a lot of wind resistance lol  ;D I don't wear a helmet as I simply don't have one nor can I fit one on. Can't get a pic of my bike right now, but it's not too pretty (bought it used). Has no body kit on it, but I plan to get the body kit below, then it'll look sweet.

6271880.jpg
[/quote]

Man... what you gotta do is cut the top of the helmet off...
this way the Fro will fit through... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Yeah... that body on the bike looks good... :)

HumanSymphony said:
[quote author=Wesdaman14 link=1227046542/0#10 date=1227058556][quote author=HumanSymphony link=1227046542/0#9 date=1227054928][quote author=john_lawson link=1227046542/0#7 date=1227050219]Motorcycle wreck 15 years old -both tibias and fibulas legs left shouder left arm upper bones i'm not great at names 6 ribbs oh oh oh and concussion and brain damage i almost forgot -i wear helmets now now i woke up in the hospital that time lol
damn lol. funny i just came in from riding my pocket bike too ;D :p[/quote]
lol !! You must look damn funny on that thing haha. big 'ol afro must be hard to put a helmet on if you do use one ;D could u post a pic of your bike ?? [/quote]
It definitely has a lot of wind resistance lol ;D I don't wear a helmet as I simply don't have one nor can I fit one on. Can't get a pic of my bike right now, but it's not too pretty (bought it used). Has no body kit on it, but I plan to get the body kit below, then it'll look sweet.

6271880.jpg
[/quote]
how do you ride that !! Thats sooo small, my knees hit the ground even when i tried to turn on my friends. i ride a super pocket bike tho. mine is a 49cc x7 bike, 4 stroke. This thing is too fast for me tho lol. i have no body kit for it or seat, as i wrecked it so many times doing stupid stunts.

Attachments

• S6302419.JPG
    S6302419.JPG
    281.7 KB · Views: 108
i'm gonna get a super pocket bike but a 110cc version. $600 for a brand new street legal bike is pretty good. and they can go 70mph+ (which is scary to even think about lol)

edit: i would be getting one instead of a car as it would be better to buy one of these instead a of $600 piece of crap used car lol

ALSO sorry for hijacking this thread! lol :D