Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do you think we could make a map of LPF members

Well heres a different forum im part of and it made a map of were its members are located by having them enter there zip code. Dont you guys think it would be cool to have something like that on here because for all you know you next door neighbor is par of the LPF :D

heres the map of the other forum http://itscurt.com/dev/tbnmap.php

Thanks,
Trever

It already exists, I just can't find it, but it does.
:wave:

btw only members can see your map. :(

well maybe we can make a more updated one since alot of members dont even know the map exists we can make another so we will have more people actually on the map ( if you know what im saying)

And sorry about that

Thanks,
Trever

D

Delorean Geek

It would make it easier for the FBI to locate you when they ban ownership.:shhh:

It would make it easier for the FBI to locate you when they ban ownership.:shhh:
That is a good point, if they go that far. Personally i dont think they will actually come to your house to take your laser unless your shined your laser at a plane. Thats just my opinion so i dont know.

Thanks,
Trever

he said "ban ownership" :shhh:

When even have a laser is considered a felony.

D

Delorean Geek

Well it was meant as a joke, but there is some truth to it. I would rather keep what I own private and under the radar...just in case.

The is a ongoing discussion in congress that want to achieve that. :(
> valid for US only

D

Delorean Geek

Yep, buy them while you can...

That's pretty much why I'm here;)

I have had lasers my whole life. My life didn't revolve around them or anything, I just thought they were cool. I remember when Radio Shack brought the first red pointer out in the mid 90's...I had to have it even though it was like $80.00. I've been a "lukewarm" fan since. Once I get my 400mw green in, I think I will be done..but maybe I will want one more 1.4w or greater 445 before I call it donseys

^
you are never done unless you have the following lasers:
red hene, green hene, multiline argon, >20W CO2, 405 >200mW, 445 >1W, 473, 532 >200mW, yellow wavelength (I don't remember :eek:), 635, 660 >250mW, 808 >500mW.

:eg:

I have had lasers my whole life. My life didn't revolve around them or anything, I just thought they were cool. I remember when Radio Shack brought the first red pointer out in the mid 90's...I had to have it even though it was like $80.00. I've been a "lukewarm" fan since. Once I get my 400mw green in, I think I will be done..but maybe I will want one more 1.4w or greater 445 before I call it donseys

Leo's right.. Your just starting when you get the Green you'll be Broke and Hooked...

Anyways, I think the 'wow factor' goes higher 'till 200mW, and goes lower after that. People would got very amazed with the beam of the 200mW greenie, but some could get frightened with the 400mW one. Thats just me :beer:

mod101

Instead of typing in your exact zip code or exact location just enter a location in the general vicinity, Like on the general member maps i Clicked on my city without looking for my exact location. :tinfoil:

Hate to tell you, but there is no escape. Muhahaha! You won't ever be done heh. There will always be new wavelengths to collect.

I think i'm up to 405, 445, 473, 532, 589, 635, and 650.