Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do these have the same diodes ???

Grix

Possibly, but it think the weaker ones are using cheapy diodes, like the one from PS3

daguin

I haven't opened a DX laser yet, but I did open a focalprice unit and one from Boblaser. I am sure that these are both made by the same company. The drivers are the same and the diodes "appear" to be the same as well.

The diode does NOT appear to be a PHR. I have not done a full graph with one of these diodes, but I blew one at ~100mW and I have another working at ~110mW. Both were sold as 5mW lasers.

Also, they are NOT PS3 diodes. They are our standard three pin diodes

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
^ do you think they would do that, it would seem less cost effiecient to use two types of diodes when the weaker ones could simply be turned down :thinking:

daguin

^ do you think they would do that, it would seem less cost effiecient to use two types of diodes when the weaker ones could simply be turned down :thinking:

I absolutely believe that they are the same diodes. The Chinese are not adept at getting fine adjustment done. They hook them up, adjust them until they look good, and then someone else does a quick test of them and "bins" them for output.

They are all the same components. Some are just "luckier" than others.

Peace,
dave