Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DO NOT BUY FROM "o-like.com" anymore. PERIOD. Bad company since 2012.

Rifter

They want you to bypass the tailcap and switch, to see if the problem is in the switch.
The wire is a jumper between the battery and the host.
If you do this and it works, the problem is in the switch. They would probably rather replace the switch than to have to ship the whole laser to them, and then back to you again.

exactly short the battery to host with tailcap removed to eliminate the switch.

Yeah, switches are another common failure point. These are all 10 - 50mA rated tactile switches
designed for small signal input to microprocessors. Bourns makes a nice silicone switch rated 100mA
that has different quality feel and has done over 300mA, but nobody will use them.

Ok, so far, They are going to send me a replacement module. Which I'll be okay with. Just I dont like that host now. I have an old black host that the module would fit perfectly in. As the sharp host is not "waterproof" anymore. (The waterproof lens fell right off when I attempted to wash it because of the dust) So im not using that one. After I receive this module, So long o-like. Staying away from them.

They think I put the battery in wrong. Which supposebly fries it or some crap. Whatever. Who makes a laser without reverse protection in it? Who does that? They are just idiots. Every laser I've had always had reverse protection.. Even the ones from the dollar stores had that..

I too decided to part my ways with O-like due to poor service back in 2011.
I had luck with them up until that point.
However, O-like management is utterly incompetent and lacks communication skills period.. Also giving them your email, shipping location etc is a bad idea as I was hounded for weeks by several Chinese electronics shops on Skype a day after completing my order with them.

It is perfectly clear that O-like is selling your customer info to third party marketing within PRC.
Good way for id theft or worse...

O-like operates out of in Shenzhen, PRC.