Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Do i need

Killaz

So, i have a 200mw red laser from budgetgadgets. I dont have laser goggles, i use dark sunglasses. I use it for close burning, do i have to get laser goggles? :undecided:

jimdt7

Of course you have to !
Sunglasses can't protect you from laser beams :beer:
You MUST buy safety googles !
Where are you from ?

Jim

Killaz

Well, im from finland, and i have no eye damage since i have used the laser 2 weeks. im careful with it, i know how dangerous it is. Now battery low, ordered battery charger, my batterys are recargables.

Killaz

FTW??? I have no money to pay for 40 dollars. My laser cost 43 dollars. Do you know cheaper ones?

Last edited:
FTW??? I have no money to pay for 40 dollars. My laser cost 43 dollars. Do you know cheaper ones?

Sure, but you might as well get one one these while you're at it...

1309438929-86.jpg

Would these be okay? My laser is 660nm and thats for 650nm it is okay?

Goggles similar to those had mixed reviews.

They should be fine for diffuse reflection, and possibly even some specular reflection, but personally I wouldn't trust them to handle a direct hit.

Red laser safety goggles/590-780nm protective goggles [OLRLG650] - $14.99 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

These are fine for if you want something cheap and aren't sure your going to get serious about this hobby. No direct hits,but will help save your eyes if your just burning stuff.

As far as the sunglasses go, loose them ASAP.
Your doing more harm then good. Right now they are actually making your pupils dilate. Allowing MORE light in, since the glasses don't block anything in the wave length your playing with.

Look to be the same exact goggles from both companies.

I have the ones from o-like.... and wouldn't trust them for a direct hit. I'm guessing the ones from lazerer are exactly the same.