Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DL's Spartan RP is here!!!!

yeah if its that only that powerful might as well make one. Pros to a home made :more powerful,cheaper,focusable,any housing you want,no ir,and its 660nm.

Chad

Umm, no?

There's absolutely no sense in making a DPSS red when you can just use a diode. and where did you here that it was, anyhow?
and I don't believe that DPSS reds can get that sort of power outside of serious commercial applications.  :p

And what I think about it is... LOL. I can make one for less than $100. <.<

DPSS red is basically only good when you need a power of red that a diode can't achieve, this is where we start to use the term WATTS.

ads813

i wonder what DL was thinking when they made this then.
ive already collected most of the parts to make my own laser, all i need is a diode from senkat and i think the total cost will be like 40 bucks for my own homemade laser :cool:
i just wasnt sure if there was any advantage to a DPSS red laser...DL says that the beam quality is much better than a diode laser

Chad

I'm still waiting for you to tell me where it says DPSS...

and yeah, the beam quality is better, provided you get TEM00. :p that's really the only advantage. Cost is insane, usually... that's why they're mainly for commercial applications, as I said before.

ads813

follow the link above. if you read the description it says:
"This is a DPSS laser, the beam quality is much better than normal diode red lasers."