Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DL Spartan 1W

Hi Everyone,

So I got my DL 1W spartan today and I guess its one watt. So much so infact it "OVERFLOWED" my laser meter :)

Heres a picture of it on the meter, it did peak at 1050mW. I have only done a quick test so far, I will have more time with this laser over the weekend to do some tests.

I will post a review up if I get enough requests for one.

Laser Light

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 388
  • IMG_0017.JPG
    IMG_0017.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 452
Last edited:

DrSid

What makes you think we are not interested in such review ?

Stunning! Over 1 watt is not what DL said to me.

I i asked them and they said that their laser was less than 1W.
The only thing that holds me back from changing from the Actic is the design.

What is the divergense?

Dragon clearly stated on their webite the Spartan 1 watt was within +/-5mw

Dragon clearly stated on their webite the Spartan 1 watt was within +/-5mw

Acutally they quoted +/-5nm for the wavelength not the power.

My apologies there was a typo in the OP with regards to the peak output power it was 1050mW not 1150mW my bad! I have edited the post accordingly.

But I have had a peak of 1111mW out of it now.

The review is in the works.

Acutally they quoted +/-5nm for the wavelength not the power.

My apologies there was a typo in the OP with regards to the peak output power it was 1050mW not 1150mW my bad! I have edited the post accordingly.

But I have had a peak of 1111mW out of it now.

The review is in the works.

Looks like my mistake. I have also sent for a Spartan also, will enjoy a review, sounds like it has a higher output then the Arctic. Can these be used with the rechargable CR123? Just a real pity they did not use the 18650 batteries instead

Juice and Tenergy make 3v rechargeable CR123s, so I don't see why they wouldn't work. The Juice brand are cheaper, but only last 300 charge cycles whereas the Tenergy are rated for 1000 I believe.

I was a bit iffy about the design myself and love the design and look of the Arctic over the Dragon, but thought why not get both? Seems people are of the opnion the Dragon Spartan and lasers in general by Dragon are far better quality then the WL and Arctic, so why not get both if you can afford it? Will be good comparing both lasers.

X FLY

Can't wait for the review. Being waiting for a review since it was released on the DL site, if the diverage is good I will most likely get one :) (+I LOVE the spartan host :p)

EDIT: Oops the review is already live xD my bad

Last edited: