Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DL Modules

I was wondering if anyone has owned a DL green module, if you have how was the build quality, power output, and overall beam specs. i am thinking about buying one in the future in the 150mW+ range.

maxkillz said:
I was wondering if anyone has owned a DL green module, if you have how was the build quality, power output, and overall beam specs. i am thinking about buying one in the future in the 150mW+ range.

I have a 50mW module from them.

First impression of it was its tiny, but looks are definatly decieving. The build quality is good, everything seams pretty solid and nothing has broken after 6 months of owning it.

The laser itself is somewhat over powered, its meant to be 50mW but I am pretty sure mine is kicking out at least 150mW. It can light a normal out of the box match in about 20 seconds from 1.5 meters away.

Only thing I will point out is the laser isn't exactly focused the best, a wall about 7 meters away from the laser, the dot is about 1.5cm big.

I don't know what the other powers are like from DL but the 50mW is definatly a good buy.

lamborgini8 said:
[quote author=maxkillz link=1219916208/0#0 date=1219916208]I was wondering if anyone has owned a DL green module, if you have how was the build quality, power output, and overall beam specs. i am thinking about buying one in the future in the 150mW+ range.

First impression of it was its tiny, but looks are definatly decieving. The build quality is good, everything seams pretty solid and nothing has broken after 6 months of owning it.

The laser itself is somewhat over powered, its meant to be 50mW but I am pretty sure mine is kicking out at least 150mW. It can light a normal out of the box match in about 20 seconds from 1.5 meters away.

Only thing I will point out is the laser isn't exactly focused the best, a wall about 7 meters away from the laser, the dot is about 1.5cm big.

I don't know what the other powers are like from DL but the 50mW is definatly a good buy.[/quote]
DANG!! sounds pretty good, i think im going to with the >100mW model. I have owned a DL95 and i was very impressed with it. Their customer support is top notch and very helpful. I think ill order a module as soon as i get the spare money.

maxkillz said:
[quote author=lamborgini8 link=1219916208/0#1 date=1219919180][quote author=maxkillz link=1219916208/0#0 date=1219916208]I was wondering if anyone has owned a DL green module, if you have how was the build quality, power output, and overall beam specs. i am thinking about buying one in the future in the 150mW+ range.

I don't know what the other powers are like from DL but the 50mW is definatly a good buy.[/quote]
DANG!! sounds pretty good, i think im going to with the >100mW model. I have owned a DL95 and i was very impressed with it. Their customer support is top notch and very helpful. I think ill order a module as soon as i get the spare money.[/quote]

:)

Just to add to what I said about the power. DL rated it as 50mW but going by the fact it lights matches from that distance and the beam is a lot brighter than my Viper75 on new batteries I would call it aa 150mW. I have no way of testing it mind but I do know that at least 100mW is needed to light matches.