Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diy planes crash

You'll find the helium somewhat hard to ignite ... it does not burn at all :D
Hydrogen should be the proper way to go. It's even lighter than helium and burns very nice.

Ah ok. I would love to try that. Hey I wonder if, you fill the balloon with 2 parts butane and 8 parts air, it would explode.

Ah ok. I would love to try that. Hey I wonder if, you fill the balloon with 2 parts butane and 8 parts air, it would explode.
The real problem is that a portable laser will not light the gas mixture. It will only pop the balloon, without any flame or spark to ignite the gas. I guess I just have to try this ... After a week or so.

sorry range thought you were a girl because of the pic heheh.

No..he is a guy. But he has a peanut penis and inverted ball sack. So it kind of looks like a little pussy. I heard if you give him a nickle he will let you see it.
But for a dollar...
Spass-1.gif

No..he is a guy. But he has a peanut penis and inverted ball sack. So it kind of looks like a little pussy. I heard if you give him a nickle he will let you see it.
But for a dollar...
Spass-1.gif

haha... hahahaha

hmm...... ... ...

HAHAHAHAHA

Tabish

9/11 ????? seriously.....

That's actually a cool idea!!!

I think what ranged means is, build a paper airplane as the frame (with multiple sheets perhaps?) and stick a balloon in the center to help it float.

When it crashes, just stick a new balloon in the plane.

Last edited:
I meant that. You'd rather build that plane and crash it than trying to crash a real one.

I'm a freakin pilot in college, outside my dorm window i can see 60 airplanes owned by my school, plus the numerous MD-80's that take off over me while i'm eating lunch... Lasers and airplanes don't mix at all... There is no need to make any kind of joke involving airplanes and lasers, and yes they could easily been used to down 747's carrying 400 people...

Many kids on my campus would think it's hilarious to point a laser at an airplane, not knowing that it is a FELONY. College kids are not always using their brains, i'm here to build my own lasers, and make my own light show apparatus', not to buy high powered lasers to fuck around with.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8382

I meant that. You'd rather build that plane and crash it than trying to crash a real one.

I'm a freakin pilot in college, outside my dorm window i can see 60 airplanes owned by my school, plus the numerous MD-80's that take off over me while i'm eating lunch... Lasers and airplanes don't mix at all... There is no need to make any kind of joke involving airplanes and lasers, and yes they have been used to down 747's carrying 400 people...

Many kids on my campus would think it's hilarious to point a laser at an airplane. College kids are not always using their brains, i'm here to build my own lasers, and make my own light show apparatus', not to buy high powered lasers to fuck around with.
did you read the "paper" word at all?

I'm a freakin pilot in college, outside my dorm window i can see 60 airplanes owned by my school, plus the numerous MD-80's that take off over me while i'm eating lunch... Lasers and airplanes don't mix at all... There is no need to make any kind of joke involving airplanes and lasers, and yes they have been used to down 747's carrying 400 people...

Many kids on my campus would think it's hilarious to point a laser at an airplane. College kids are not always using their brains, i'm here to build my own lasers, and make my own light show apparatus', not to buy high powered lasers to fuck around with.

Oh that is so cool. You fly paper planes held up by baloons? Now we know where the US military budget is going

Hallucynogenyc

I wasn't commeting on the original post... I'm commenting on the posts that developed from the original post...

Hey CollegeLaserAmateur...

I was not aware that a 747 carrying 400 people had actually been
downed by a Laser...:thinking:

Could you supply a link to that or at least give us the date and place
this happened..

It would be of great importance to show what an irresponsible/illegal
act like shinning a Laser at an actual full scale airplane can cause..

BTW...

welcome.gif
to the Forum

Jerry

There, I fixed it... I meant it as a possibility, just typed it wrong at the moment, we all know no airplane has actually crashed from a laser... There have been over a hundred reported incidents where lasers accidentally and purposefully affect pilots.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Jerry.

N/P...

I wasn't sure if it was a mistake... but I'm glad it was...;)

This way the lawmakers won't have a tragic accident to
use as an excuse to ban all laser pointers...

Jerry

mfo

There, I fixed it... I meant it as a possibility, just typed it wrong at the moment, we all know no airplane has actually crashed from a laser... There have been over a hundred reported incidents where lasers accidentally and purposefully affect pilots.

Thanks for pointing out my mistake, Jerry.

I honestly don't think it's a possibility that a laser will ever bring down a plane. Obviously I'm not going to run out side and try, and neither should anyone else. But a plane is flying through the air at at least 155knots. That is the stall speed for a 747, right (well ball park anyway).

I look at it like this. Even if you do manage to get it into the cock pit, there's no way in hell you're going to keep it there for any length of time. Not to mention that there's always at least one co-pilot. Yeah I know that a laser can light up the cockpit when it strikes the glass, but as I said they're moving fast and you're not going to keep it there for long.

Also think about this. Think about all of the people out there here and abroad that have hate in their hearts and wish to take down planes for their "god". If it were so easy to take down a plane with a laser, you would have radical retards running around all over the place trying to take a plane down with a laser instead of trying to improvise new explosives & methods to bring down planes with an IED.

Now, a helicopter is a different story as they're cockpits are more open, and they are generally very sluggish in the air.

Just my two cents. Hopefully I'll never be proved wrong on this one.

This Laser/Plane subject has been beaten to death here
on the Forum.....
The consensus is that on a landing approach... at night...
a high powered laser COULD be distracting enough to a pilot
to perhaps cause an accident while trying to land...
It is fairly obvious that a 747 at altitude during the day will
not be affected by a laser beam from the ground.. IMO

Jerry