Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY Laser Help

derpy

I am very new to the world of lasers, but I already understand that it is marginally cheaper to build your own laser then to buy one. I have found a diode on ebay, but I still do not understand the process of installing it into the host, what parts I need, or which batteries to use. If anyone out there could help me build my first laser, it would be greatly appreciated :yh:

This is the specified diode: 150mW High Quality 532nm Green Laser Diode Module Green Beam Lab with Driver | eBay

Hi,
Your profile you omitted the place where your from.
You joined in2014 .
Anyway use the search bar for info instead of posting questions. I'm not hacking on you but it;s the right thing to do. If you read you will educate yourself and absorb the knowledge better to get set up. I'll tell you what you need Lots of stuff.....
The diode you showed is for a pen build. You should start off with something easier a basic build. There are vendors here on LPF that have the stuff you need diodes,drivers,hosts etc..

Rich:)