Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

DIY how to make a green laser projector

A youtube video of a DIY green laser projector that took only 20 minutes to make.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DI9EaWRJac

A sneak preview of the green laser projector in action :eek:

The green laser projector was made my Max from over at http://www.zedomax.com who is a DIY expert.

He used
-Spartan GW 250mW (Dragonlasers www.dragonlasers.com)
-A transmission matrix diffraction grating (also Dragonlasers www.dragonlasers.com :p)
-one or two tubes of epoxy (anywhere)
- 3 volt motor (Radioshack)
-bunch of pipes (plumbing store)

Murudai

Is it a projector or a simple spirograph?

Wait, wait. I see, it's a diffraction grating on a motor. Very clever :)

Switch

Murudai said:
Is it a projector or a simple spirograph?
Can't really be called a projector.It's some sort of laser show at most. Btw, max says "you know..." a lot, like once every 10-15 seconds. :D

Murudai

Well, technically it projects laser light, so you could call it a laser projector :D

But it certainly isn't like a scanner or anything. But it IS pretty :D

Switch

Murudai said:
Well, technically it projects laser light, so you could call it a laser projector  :D

But it certainly isn't like a scanner or anything. But it IS pretty  :D
You could call a butane lighter a projector if you want because it projects light on the wall. ::) Still , when you say "projector" something else comes to mind....like something able to project images/videos :-/

Cyparagon

This expert thinks he can drill a hole in glass with a typical bit?

Zom-B

Yeah, from what I saw in the video, I think it's better to just break the glass in the middle, stick the motor axle in between and fill the slits with epoxy.

Switch

Zom-B said:
Yeah, from what I saw in the video, I think it's better to just break the glass in the middle, stick the motor axle in between and fill the slits with epoxy.
He could've just used a reflection matrix thingy and stick it on the motor axle without breaking it.... :D

Ace82

Switch said:
[quote author=Murudai link=1211358169/0#1 date=1211358975]Is it a projector or a simple spirograph?
Can't really be called a projector.It's some sort of laser show at most. Btw, max says "you know..." a lot, like once every 10-15 seconds. :D[/quote]

lol, I noticed that too. I always notice when people use "fillers" in their sentences.

That is no "projector" btw, unless you consider a "laser pointer" a "light beam projector!". Creative idea though.

Projector: 1. an apparatus for throwing an image on a screen, as a motion-picture projector or magic lantern.
2. a device for projecting a beam of light.
3. a person who forms projects or plans; schemer.

I think it would be allot better if it would both rotate angles and spin but be variable speed. I personally like time tunnels better (or laser spinning projector).

IMO: DIY laser "projector" = Fail.   ;D