Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

diy HOUSING?????

Anyone know a good replacement for a module housing? I know it's ridiculous, but for time sensitive reasons, I need something fairly quick that either fits, or I can do some minor drilling to to make fit a stonetek/aixiz 16x dvd burner diode. Problem with mine is that the part of my housing that I was going to use that holds the lens (the plastic part) got sorta melted a little by the last diode that was in it, and I didn't discover this until just yesterday. Unfortunately, I tried to put it back on and it's a bit cross threaded now. ack. So, I have a module housing, but no decent lens for it. It's there, but not very adjustable.

So, has anyone had any luck MacGyvering a housing?

with all these diy threads, pretty soon someones gonna start talking about starting from raw earth materials. LOL. "First you smelt the ore..." hehe.

Rich.

Hi,
I've seen people use the threaded barrel of a mechanical pencil to make a lens holder that can be adjusted.

Wow that's brilliant!!, I'll have to look around for one the right size.

Thanks man!!

Photon_Pharmer said:
Hi,
I've seen people use the threaded barrel of a mechanical pencil to make a lens holder that can be adjusted.

I've seen that as well, it was either on metacafe or instructables if I remember correctly.