Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DIY flashlights

mmykle

I wasn't quite sure where to post this, but I suppose this section will do. I remember seeing a youtube video a long (long, long, long) time ago of a flashlight lighting newspaper. I never thought much about it, but now that I got into the whole laser hobby thing I decided to venture out and find it again. After much googleing and following link after link of 'citation' I found the blog that it originated on. The blog URL is: http://extreme-geek.blogspot.com/. (Does anyone know how to make a certain word a link? :-?) It talks about getting a flashlight, rechargeable batteries, special light bulb, and the "non stock" reflector. While I'd like to think those supplies are easy to get, I can't find out how to get the battery pack (I could solder my own I guess) nor where to find the "non stock" reflector. If anybody has any idea how to do this, please let me know. Thanks! Oh, I attached one of the three videos or so of the flashlight in action below.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-KdqXE32F8[/media]

he says how to make it on the site. the non stock reflector is metal, and there are links on where to buy the parts :)

Well I knew from the moment I heard about it that WL's torch was nothing amazing...
Shove a halide bulb in a well built torch with a lens. Done.

ben74

for the price it can burn better than a laser and if you focus it it will burn even better

mmykle

clwatkins10 said:
he says how to make it on the site. the non stock reflector is metal, and there are links on where to buy the parts :)
I only see where to buy the bulb... where are the other parts?

Switch

ben74 said:
for the price it can burn better than a laser and if you focus it it will burn even better
And a $2 butane lighter works even better if that's what you want ::)

mmykle

I have many many butane lighters thank you very much ;D. They're all quite fun, the tri-jet one especially, but a flashlight that can light fires is a lot cooler then a fire that can... light fires.

There is another forum that deals exclusively with this type of thing. I don't think we are supposed to talk about other forums here. But I can give you this hint, go to Google and search for candlepower forums. That should take you to a good forum where they can show you how to make them, where to get parts, and many members sell really cool ones.

diachi

Switch said:
[quote author=ben74 link=1205467284/0#3 date=1205511813]for the price it can burn better than a laser and if you focus it it will burn even better
And a $2 butane lighter works even better if that's what you want ::)[/quote]

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D