Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Dissapointed once agian.

chandler

i am once agian dissapointed by lazerer. im not trying to bash them or anything but this is ridicoulous. i was shipped a broken 532nm laser,then was supposed to recieve some goggles for my 650nm red laser but those didnt come in until the 29. then once they did come in they were goggles for a 532nm laser! and then max is asking me to pay for shipping back and spend more money on his mistakes? i am sorry if i am overreacting but this is just really upsetting to me

rhd

We've been seeing more and more issues with Lazerer. This isn't the first thread to pop up.

My take - they had a neat concept. Cheap Chinese laser that get "vetted" first (in theory), and are sold with the promise of better service / reliability than other Chinese laser sellers.

But in the end, they're caught by the reality that they're still selling the same inexpensive low quality lasers as any other Chinese laser retailers. They put their own kitschy names on them, and claim to test them first (though it's suspect that they *charge* for the LPM chart), but they're the same generic lasers that are available elsewhere. The business model starts to break down when you get popular and start receiving more orders (and thus more complaints). IE, the same quality problems emerge eventually.

Last edited:

Sigurthr

Now; I'm not excusing what happened, but when it comes to complaining about return shipping, I think that is a little too far.

Mixups do happen, and while they certainly do suck, you can't expect the merchant to pay for your return shipping. In all my years of buying things online, I have NEVER seen nor heard of a merchant who covers return shipping. eBay policy doesn't even cover return shipping. Besides, think about it from a merchant perspective; you get paid to ship something, spend that on shipping, and the customer returns it most of the time from something that happened during shipping. Now you need to ship a replacement, but you don't charge the customer for a second shipping, so your profit margin is slashed even further. Not only does the merchant lose out on any profit from the broken inventory, but they lose even more on having to foot the bill for shipping.

Also, keep in mind you ordered during the busiest part of the year, and that normally when ordering goggles they pick the ones that go with the type of laser you ordered unless you specifically state otherwise. It is right there in writing on their site. So if they made the mistake of not seeing that you ordered a seperate pair of goggles, they would have picked the ones that protect you from the laser you ordered.

Also, did you pay for insurance on your order? It is an extra $1.99 that you have to send manually. It gives you tracking and loss protection on your order.

Lazerer shipping policy: Shipping

Yep the simple solution is don't buy from them again, sorry to hear they can not do any better than the other guys.

rhd

Now; I'm not excusing what happened, but when it comes to complaining about return shipping, I think that is a little too far.

Mixups do happen, and while they certainly do suck, you can't expect the merchant to pay for your return shipping. In all my years of buying things online, I have NEVER seen nor heard of a merchant who covers return shipping. eBay policy doesn't even cover return shipping. Besides, think about it from a merchant perspective; you get paid to ship something, spend that on shipping, and the customer returns it most of the time from something that happened during shipping. Now you need to ship a replacement, but you don't charge the customer for a second shipping, so your profit margin is slashed even further. Not only does the merchant lose out on any profit from the broken inventory, but they lose even more on having to foot the bill for shipping.
You're nuts!

1) You're wrong in fact. Even DX has paid for my return shipping when the error was their fault.

2) You're wrong in principal. You don't "get paid to ship something" you get paid to "ship the item purchased". If they ship you the wrong item, then they effectively haven't shipped you your order at all. They are obligated to ship you the item you purchased. If they want the incorrect product back, they need to ask you to send it to them, and cover your cost in doing so. The expectation *might* be different if it was a warranty repair for a correct item that they had fulfilled the sale of, but this is a case of a completely incorrect shipment.

3) You're wrong in perspective. It's not about whether their "profit margin is slashed". Profit margin isn't a buyer issue or concern, it's a business management issue. If Lazerer didn't want their profit margin slashed, they should have shipped the correct item. The buyer's obligation doesn't extend to indemnifying Lazerer against their own errors. In incorrect shipment is an error entirely on the seller's end. You cannot penalize a buyer one-cent for an error that is 100% on the seller's side and 0% on the buyer's side.

Also, keep in mind you ordered during the busiest part of the year, and that normally when ordering goggles they pick the ones that go with the type of laser you ordered unless you specifically state otherwise. It is right there in writing on their site. So if they made the mistake of not seeing that you ordered a seperate pair of goggles, they would have picked the ones that protect you from the laser you ordered.
By your own words "they pick the ones that go with the type of laser you ordered unless you specifically state otherwise". The OP stated that he was supposed to receive 650nm goggles. So presumably he specifically ordered these. I'm sure he didn't just imagine the desire, but leave it unstated and expect Lazerer to read his mind ;)

Also, did you pay for insurance on your order? It is an extra $1.99 that you have to send manually. It gives you tracking and loss protection on your order.

Lazerer shipping policy: Shipping
Who cares?

His item wasn't lost. His item didn't fall victim to a lack of tracking. It was not the correct item. What would insurance have done?

You sound like a Lazerer employee.

Last edited:

Toke

I agree with rhd and can inform you that honest shops follow those procedures.

I had a order from surplusshed with one item wrong, when I contacted them they went ooops. and shipped the correct one. There were no mentioning of returning the wrong item, likely because it was less than shipping cost.

I have had one complain with DX, and had a new item shipped as well.

Sigurthr

I was just cuious about if he sent the extra cash, since it increases processing time, and thus should lessen the chance of error. It wasn't directly related to the error.

It may seem like I'm on "their side" but really I just have very low expectations for international orders placed on line. For example; when I placed my order from Lazerer I spelled out EXACTLY what I wanted in both the comment section on the order page as well as on the PayPal payment page. I also used english that translates well so as to avoid confusion. So when I said that they pick the goggles for you unless explicitly stated, I meant that if you really want to be sure you get the correct ones, say so in text with the order and don't just rely on the automated order form to say what you want.

As for the other points;
1) I've never used DX (don't even know where/who that is), so their return policy is news to me.

2) / 3) I may have the wrong principle and spoke from the wrong perspective, but I wasn't talking about the buyer's perspective there for a reason. What I was getting at was that international sellers often have little regard or motivation for buyer satisfaction and stand to lose money from correcting foul-ups. Look at WL; they don't give a damn if they send you the wrong/broken item, and good luck getting an RMA from them. At least Lazerer responds to and attemps to correct issues. I don't think Lazerer is nearly as bad as all the other chinese companies, which you seem to have suggested. The realist approach is to accept and prepare for what is likely to happen, and to not have higher expectations than the situation would normally yield. It may be the wrong principle for a perfect world, but it is the principle one most often encounters when ordering from China.

Unless I read something wrong, they did send him the correct laser, and that is what they requested him to pay the retun shipping on. They obviously expect him to return the incorrect goggles for the correct ones as well if he has requested the exhange, but I don't see him incurring any significant extra cost for sending the very light weight goggles along with the laser.

In summary; 1) The wrong goggles I kind of expect when the buyer doesn't go out of their way to explicitly state what they want. I don't have a lot of faith in international orders, much less when there is a language barrier. It's not right, and it shouldn't be condoned, but one should expect it and try to minimize the chance of it occuring. 2) I feel the responsibility for return shipping falling to the customer is acceptable, especially when the initial shipping was free. (Even though the shipping cost was actually factored in to the cost of the item(s) by the retailer/manufacturer.)

[offtopic; RHD, I just want to let you know that while we may disagree on the expected and/or acceptable consumer experience, I do not and did not take anything personally. I still have the utmost respect for you and your opinions, and hope you return that sentiment towards me.]

MaxLZR

i am once agian dissapointed by lazerer. im not trying to bash them or anything but this is ridicoulous. i was shipped a broken 532nm laser,then was supposed to recieve some goggles for my 650nm red laser but those didnt come in until the 29. then once they did come in they were goggles for a 532nm laser! and then max is asking me to pay for shipping back and spend more money on his mistakes? i am sorry if i am overreacting but this is just really upsetting to me
Hi chandler,

Sending the wrong goggles is our failure. Please send back the goggles and we will make half refund on the goggles as well as replace a correct goggles to you. However for the green laser we can only insist with our shipping policy since it is tested to be in working condition before sending out. We can only replace it for free within the warranty period and we bear for shipping resending. However buyer will pay for the shipping sending back. We are so sorry for the inconvenience. Have a nice day.

Max

lasersbee

You're nuts!

1) You're wrong in fact. Even DX has paid for my return shipping when the error was their fault.

You sound like a Lazerer employee.
Sorry to disagree with you on that one RHD... but try that through
eBay and the buyer pays for return shipping for an item received
but "not as described"...

I can't see why the buyer should keep the wrongly sent item AND
receive the correct one for free....

I've see a couple of complaints lately about a Lazerer transaction
but it always seems to be by an impatient noob....
I've dealt with Max and have received excellent customer service
to date...
Perhaps Max should address this issue right here on the Forum...
$hit happens.....:thinking:

EDIT...
Seems like Max replied as I was composing this Post.....

Jerry

Last edited:

rhd

2) / 3) I may have the wrong principle and spoke from the wrong perspective, but I wasn't talking about the buyer's perspective there for a reason. What I was getting at was that international sellers often have little regard or motivation for buyer satisfaction and stand to lose money from correcting foul-ups. Look at WL; they don't give a damn if they send you the wrong/broken item, and good luck getting an RMA from them. At least Lazerer responds to and attemps to correct issues. I don't think Lazerer is nearly as bad as all the other chinese companies, which you seem to have suggested. The realist approach is to accept and prepare for what is likely to happen, and to not have higher expectations than the situation would normally yield. It may be the wrong principle for a perfect world, but it is the principle one most often encounters when ordering from China.
(...)

[offtopic; RHD, I just want to let you know that while we may disagree on the expected and/or acceptable consumer experience, I do not and did not take anything personally. I still have the utmost respect for you and your opinions, and hope you return that sentiment towards me.]
I agree with the perspective that we know better than to expect great customer service from most Chinese sellers. The difference here, is that Lazerer bills themselves as something different from other Chinese sellers. If this was TMart, KaiDomain, etc, then I'd say "you should have expected this". Although I'll note that even then, I would still feel the buyer entitled to complain, pursue a more appropriate resolution, considering disputing the transactionn, etc.

However, this isn't TMart or KaiDomain. Lazerer bills themselves as the "Trustfull" seller (which BTW is completely incorrect usage of the word "Trustfull"). They claim to have a different level of service. They try to differentiate themselves from others. That's a two way street. If they're actively seeking a reputation that sets them apart from their competition, then we can't now say "well, we wouldn't expect any better of their competition".

If the point of your comment is that Lazerer is just like any other Chinese laser seller, and the buyer should not expect any better than that particular set of expectations, then I'm fine with that.

[And yes, of course - I'm criticizing the content, not the person :)]

Last edited:
Yeah they mixed up my order and didn't send my protective goggles, but said they have sent them on their way. hopefully I get the right pair!

GAtkins

My limited experience with Max and Lazerer has been positive in all respects.

Glenn