Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DISPUTE Trever22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am posting this because of problems with seller Trever22. I'm sure you all can recall his sales thread where he needed money desperately? I bought the crosman c11 from that thread, and he claims to have never gotten the money.
I literally had NO choice in the matter, and had to send cash via USPS envelope :cryyy: and it is my personal experience that USPS has NEVER lost or had problems with ANYTHING I've sent or gotten... My father works for USPS here and I had him put the letter into the system for me to save a trip to the post office, so I know that there was no problem on this end.
He claims that it simply never showed up, and contrary to popular belief, USPS workers get in HUGE trouble for losing or messing things up so they avoid it at all costs... As anyone that works for USPS right now knows, they are head hunting for workers to lay off...

My reason for thinking that HE is scamming on this is due to the day after I sent it, he mentioned to me in PM that he had just bought a new xbox... REALLY DUDE? If he was having money issues would he REALLY be buying a new xbox? Okay, this is only one example, right? It can't mean /that/ much right? WRONG... Next after about a week, he PMd me asking if I had any laser stuff for sale... AGAIN... what about this HUGE money problem that many of you have herd about????? WHAT THE HECK!

I DID confront him on this, and his reasoning for why he could not have done this was that "he would never put his families safety at risk"..... ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?????? How could he honestly think that I would go all the fekken way up there over a dang airsoft gun dispute??????? :scowl:

He also seems to think that this is the end of it, and even went as far as to say "I don't think you ever even sent it" and accused me of scamming him. WHAT THE ****?!?!!!??!? Anyone here or on #laserchat that has ever really chatted with me or done business with me KNOWS that I do NOT scam. :can:

So with this, it is somewhat obvious to me and a couple others that he is trying to pull a scam... :banned::banned::banned:
See this thread also vets: http://laserpointerforums.com/f61/quick-question-63470-2.html

thanks for reading,
-Dustin

Last edited:

The only transaction I have only had with him was buying a giftcard off of him. I paid then he gave me a refund 5 mins later saying he lost the card.

That sounds about as deceiving as this:

funny_for_sale_signs_22.jpg

There is definitely no way he isn't trying to scam. Pretty blatant from what you just said.

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I know this won't help this time but maby the next.
The post office sells Delivery Confirmation for only .70 and that would have left no doubt wherther it had made it there or not.

BTW now I can tell RHD where his turtles are :crackup:

Last edited:

daguin

I literally had NO choice in the matter, and had to send cash via USPS envelope

This is such a HUGE red flag, that I lost any empathy for you.

If HE required this, then you made a big mistake and he was probably planning to SCAM you from the start

If YOU had no other way to pay, then you should have looked for a middle man that could have helped change the money from one form to another.

At a minimum, you should have sent the letter registered mail.

Peace,
dave

This is such a HUGE red flag, that I lost any empathy for you.

If HE required this, then you made a big mistake and he was probably planning to SCAM you from the start

If YOU had no other way to pay, then you should have looked for a middle man that could have helped change the money from one form to another.

At a minimum, you should have sent the letter registered mail.

Peace,
dave

Aren't you cool? ... I made an offer of the exact amount I had, and he accepted... I did not HAVE an extra $0.70, I'm sorry that I don't have money flying into my accounts like you do.... It is not easy when it takes you over a month to scrounge up $20

daguin

Aren't you cool? ... I made an offer of the exact amount I had, and he accepted... I did not HAVE an extra $0.70, I'm sorry that I don't have money flying into my accounts like you do.... It is not easy when it takes you over a month to scrounge up $20

Then you took a chance and lost, didn't you?

NEVER send any cash through the mail that you cannot afford to loose

Peace,
dave

Then you took a chance and lost, didn't you?

NEVER send any cash through the mail that you cannot afford to loose

Peace,
dave

Yes, because SURELY I am the only one to get scammed by the scum that sneaks into this forum....

I took a chance and it failed, so I am doing what you do to resolve said failure. It'd be worse to sit and do nothing about it, true?

Last edited:

daguin

Yes, because SURELY I am the only one to get scammed by the scum that sneaks into this forum....

I took a chance and it failed, so I am doing what you do to resolve said failure. It'd be worse to sit and do nothing about it, true?

You fly off the handle easily, don't you.

I didn't say that you shouldn't be doing exactly what you are doing. I believe that you should, indeed, be calling him out here and warning others about him.

I said that I do not feel sorry for you. You screwed up by sending the cash the way that you did. Accept it and deal with it. Beyond that, the rest of it is simply advice on how to avoid this problem in the future.

For the lack of $0.70, you lost $20. Them ain't good results in my book.

It is up to you if you learn anything from the experience

Peace,
dave

You fly off the handle easily, don't you.

I didn't say that you shouldn't be doing exactly what you are doing. I believe that you should, indeed, be calling him out here and warning others about him.

I said that I do not feel sorry for you. You screwed up by sending the cash the way that you did. Accept it and deal with it. Beyond that, the rest of it is simply advice on how to avoid this problem in the future.

For the lack of $0.70, you lost $20. Them ain't good results in my book.

It is up to you if you learn anything from the experience

Peace,
dave

Again, I don't expect you to understand...not everyone deals with money issues, but those that do can probably relate... seventy cents can be like a bag of gold some times...

Maybe it would make more sense if I mentioned that I do NOT have a bank, I do NOT have paypal, and the bank was out of money order cards... I DID however wrap the money in thick paper to prevent people from being able to see what it was, and BTW, Daguin it was more than $20...

Reactions: GBD

daguin

Again, I don't expect you to understand...not everyone deals with money issues, but those that do can probably relate... seventy cents can be like a bag of gold some times...

I both understand and agree. That doesn't make your decision a good one.

Kick his butt here and any other way that you can, but accept your part in it.

It doesn't matter if you are on food stamps or if you are Donald Trump, sending cash, uncontrolled, through the mail is a mistake.

Also, remember, I rarely post just for the OP. This is a potential problem for MANY people on this forum. My advice is NOT just for you.

Peace,
dave

**EDIT**
-- Sorry. The $20 amount, used in my example, came from your post #9

Last edited:
I both understand and agree. That doesn't make your decision a good one.

Kick his butt here and any other way that you can, but accept your part in it.

It doesn't matter if you are on food stamps or if you are Donald Trump, sending cash, uncontrolled, through the mail is a mistake.

Also, remember, I rarely post just for the OP. This is a potential problem for MANY people on this forum. My advice is NOT just for you.

Peace,
dave

**EDIT**
-- Sorry. The $20 amount, used in my example, came from your post #9

that figure was what I can usually gather per month, the gun was more :yabbem:

Status
Not open for further replies.