Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers



Disposable Laser Goggles?

DayOfShadows

New member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
866
Points
0
For Partys? Showing you friends your new bad ass laser? They could be produced for like $5 and save some ones eyes for momentary direct contact or diffusion! Many uses , post ideas, suggestions or anything else relating to this. Heres a link to the original thread. http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1227482914
 



FrothyChimp

New member
Joined
Sep 22, 2007
Messages
977
Points
0
Do you have a lot of money or really good liability insurance? If you sell those and something happens guess who will be liable? You can put any verbage you want limiting your liability on a sale but it won't be worth the web page it's written on. You are the manufacturer and liable for all claims against the product due to manufacture or defect. Once you sell them as laser protective glasses you enter the world of civil and criminal culpability on any complaint.

Good luck.
 

DayOfShadows

New member
Joined
Nov 6, 2008
Messages
866
Points
0
lol i dont whant to sell them, you know, for my friends ...   :cool: id rather not buy 20 pairs of shades for a one time event, good point though, i wont try to sell these to my friends, ill just give them to them, and i will tell them one time use :cool:
 

laserlover

New member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
586
Points
0
FrothyChimp said:
Do you have a lot of money or really good liability insurance? If you sell those and something happens guess who will be liable? You can put any verbage you want limiting your liability on a sale but it won't be worth the web page it's written on. You are the manufacturer and liable for all claims against the product due to manufacture or defect. Once you sell them as laser protective glasses you enter the world of civil and criminal culpability on any complaint.

Good luck.
then sell them as "funny red glasses" that happen to block lasers, lol
 
N

NitroxLasers.com

Guest
It seems like this idea might actually work pretty well if you were simply giving them out to your friends, for a single use, under circumstances where they would otherwise be observing your mighty lazing power with their bare eyes (not good). Any idea if there are companies out there starting to manufacture these?
 

Ace82

New member
Joined
Feb 11, 2008
Messages
1,781
Points
0
I vote no.  If you were to distribute glasses at a party for a laser show, then maybe the glasses should be 3d spectra to make the show look way cooler.  And if you think the power is a problem and people need protection, then lower the mW's to a safe level, like 5-10mW and make sure to have a set up where no body will get in the path of danger.  Other wise, lasers, friends, AND parties, DON'T MIX!!!!
 

laserlover

New member
Joined
Jun 17, 2008
Messages
586
Points
0
Ace82 said:
I vote no.  If you were to distribute glasses at a party for a laser show, then maybe the glasses should be 3d spectra to make the show look way cooler.  And if you think the power is a problem and people need protection, then lower the mW's to a safe level, like 5-10mW and make sure to have a set up where no body will get in the path of danger.  Other wise, lasers, friends, AND parties, DON'T MIX!!!!
i was thinking these would be good if a friend came over and you wanted to show them your laser popping a balloon or lighting a match!
 

Razako

Well-known member
Joined
Mar 17, 2006
Messages
4,500
Points
113
Sorry, but this is a terrible idea. Using defective goggles that give you a false sense of security is even worse than using no goggles. At least with no goggles you'll be extremely careful.
 

Snytbaggen

New member
Joined
Mar 25, 2008
Messages
215
Points
0
Coherent said:
Sorry, but this is a terrible idea.  Using defective goggles that give you a false sense of security is even worse than using no goggles.  At least with no goggles you'll be extremely careful.
Some people won't. We will, but will our friends be careful? IMO it's better (for friends) to have these than nothing, if they are watching you for example burn something and standing a few meters away.
 
K

Kris.J

Guest
I read the original thread with the video of that kid taping red film over standard safety glasses - and I've done nothing but shake my head from left to right and VOTE NO since.

I don't care who's going to wear it - it's a bad idea, and everything I've read justifying the use of this screams "teenagers making bad decisions".
 

rocketparrotlet

New member
Joined
Aug 17, 2008
Messages
1,368
Points
0
I think that:

1. As long as it is made clear that these will NOT protect against a direct hit and are only temporary,

2. There is no alcohol/drugs, and especially

3. YOU are the only one holding the laser!

it would be okay as a temporary solution where direct hits are not a danger. Other than that, I completely disapprove of the idea, because it's just plain stupid.

-Mark
 




Top