Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dirty lens... help!

The lens of my x-85 just got dirty. I am trying to use a toothpic and a microfiber cloth to clean it, but it does not help! :'( Does anyone here know another way to clean it with better results?
I wish the lenses of lasers was not that sensitive to dust and moisture. :(

Well, is it good? [smiley=engel017.gif] I'd forgot about this.
Let us know. ;)

hey fire we should add a "how to clean a lens" in da FAQ :)
help.png

Sure, why not ::)
It is a normal question. I have to get a lenspen btw, a good thing to have.

Something like this?

Lens cleaning
The best two ways for lens cleaning is to use a lens pen or small bursts of compressed air. Do not blow, it will condense. Use a small pump.
There are other ways on the web, but do not trust those. In fact some of the methods can or will destroy the lens.
If the lens is scratched, then try to ask the seller for a replacement. The scratch can't be repaired. If you can't get a replacement from the seller or elsewhere, you can get a decent replacement inside a old camera or similar if you're lucky. But that would be the last option.

And lastly, don't think about if the lens is clean or not, because you might be fooling yourself and clean it in vain. The less you mess with it, the better the lens, it's that simple.

fire, i think we should add the DIY cleaning one. for example, i can neither afford nor get my hands on a lens cleaner because they dont sell these on argentina. there should be a nice simple way to clean the lens on your laser with common stuff (and without having to dismantle your laser)

Sure, anyone can help with this. Share your experiences! [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]
Btw, where's Chad?