Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Direct exposure occurs need help

moh17

Hello, every one, I was playing with my key chain 405 nm laser pointer. I shined the laser at the window. I did not know that the window glass was designed to reflect back the light. I had a direct hit at my left eye. I bought the laser chain key from ebay. It is said that its < 5mw. I do not trust ebay and the actual power of the laser. What makes me feel ok some what is that the laser works with only1 AAA battery. Here is a picture for the laser. What should I do ?

I know the 1st step, get somd safety glasses suited for your wavelengths and use them! we swe these types of threads so often so dont be suprised if you get an ear bashing from some of the boys here, or completly ignored by us too
Treat this as a learning and be safe from now, Please

moh17

I know the 1st step, get somd safety glasses suited for your wavelengths and use them! we swe these types of threads so often so dont be suprised if you get an ear bashing from some of the boys here, or completly ignored by us too
Treat this as a learning and be safe from now, Please

Thanks, I had a protective glass for the laser, but I do not use it because it blocks all the laser light, I can't even know if the laser is on or off while I wear the goggles. I was lucky that the laser power was week to cause any noticeable damage. I posted this to discourage any one from shining lasers to windows.

ECBL

Thanks, I had a protective glass for the laser, but I do not use it because it blocks all the laser light, I can't even know if the laser is on or off while I wear the goggles. I was lucky that the laser power was week to cause any noticeable damage. I posted this to discourage any one from shining lasers to windows.

Yea, in the future, always avoid pointing at anything glossy or reflective (Glass, metal, mirrors, etc.). I'd say, treat these things like a firearm... always being aware of possible "ricochet" and the dangers they pose.
Anyways, best of luck to you. Please be extra careful from here on out!