Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode pump

ped

Hi guys..

Theoreticlally (or from experience), whats the most 532nm light you can get from a 1w pump diode, with half decent optics, alignment & crystals?

TIA.

HIMNL9

from 20 to 25% of efficence ..... so, from 200 to 250mW of green (with very good alignment and polarization matching)

EDIT: if you mean homemade alignments, more realistically from 175 to 200mW (sorry, this type of alignment is not so easy to do at home)

Reactions: ped
With correction optics for the pump, and the most efficient mirrors with coatings, I would say 300mw is not unheard of.

Your well constructed 532s can be around 30% efficient. Your more typical chinese module may be more like 20%-24% efficient.

This is only from what I've observed. I'm not sure if more than 30% efficiency can be achieved on a regular basis.

If you're planning to goof around with a crystal set, don't expect much more than 20% efficiency, unless you have the proper means and know how to get things perfectly aligned.

EDIT: HIMNL9, you beat me to it! Are you a keyboard wizard??

Reactions: ped