Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

diode not fitting in aixiz

the inside of the top half of my aixiz module got all burred and dented in the process of trying to get the previous diode out of there, and now my new diode isn't fitting! what should i do! i don't want to force it in, and neither do i want to make the hole in the module so big that the diode will simply fall out. does anyone have any suggestions?

I don't know how the pocket became damaged pressing the diode out but I use an exacto knife to remove excess metal on mine. The housing is brass and will cut with a little force. Go easy and try to remove the high spots.

Mike

i seemed to have done a similar thing to mine... i was using my pocket knife and i scratched it up pretty badly, and dented the side... good thing i didnt cut any fingers off.

If it is the small diameter part of the LD that won't go through the hole just use a needle file to get it to fit. as long as the large diameter is still a press fit you will still get the heat transfer to the module..... Just do it a bit at a time.

Regards rog8811