Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Diode connecter

I dont know if any one has done this or if any one has had this idea, but would it be possible to make a small connector to put on the pins of a diode, kind of like a socket, but individual wires would have a small pin sized metal cup that would fit around it and the other side would just be wire  :-? If they had one of these you could just stick it on and leave it, although the might be D/C problems, it would stay in there if you didnt move them around too much  :-/ any ideas?, i will post some MS paint pics of what im talking about.

Attachments

• Pin_Connecter.jpg
    Pin_Connecter.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 122

daguin

Day said:
I dont know if any one has done this or if any one has had this idea, but would it be possible to make a small connector to put on the pins of a diode, kind of like a socket, but individual wires would have a small pin sized metal cup that would fit around it and the other side would just be wire  :-? If they had one of these you could just stick it on and leave it, although the might be D/C problems, it would stay in there if you didnt move them around too much  :-/ any ideas?, i will post some MS paint pics of what im talking about.

Even a micro-momentary disconnect with power on, will blow the diode. Solder ;)

Peace,
dave

Ya i know  :-/ im just thinking of some things that might be helpful, so many ideas, eventually one has to be helpful  :p ;) :) hmm also, instead of making the ENTIRE outside on the sides out of rubber, maybe you can put a thin piece of metal in there to with it to increase conductivity, or would rubber for grip be better  :-/

JLSE

Day said:
Ya i know  :-/ im just thinking of some things that might be helpful, so many ideas, eventually one has to be helpful  :p ;) :) hmm also, instead of making the ENTIRE outside on the sides out of rubber, maybe you can put a thin piece of metal in there to with it to increase conductivity, or would rubber for grip be better  :-/

Cant find the link, but Thorlabs does make one. Like Dave said, id take solder over one of those any day ;)

lol, we are discussing different prototypes in Laser Chat, join us if you want, i have anouther Proto-type, i might be making a few for testing. I will be using a diode as a mold or perfect fit =P, and i will use solder paste to make it hook to it permanently! so no loose connections, the will be made COMPLETELY out of metal so solder or paste would work. This may be useless, but i have problems soldering so this would fix me over heating my diodes :-/

this animal has already been made

0721-lrg.jpg

www.thorlabs.com

My WL Pulsar had a socket for the diode and absolutely no protection, not even a resistor. The circuit board consisted of a battery contact, a 6x3mm tactile switch and the socket. The diode was pressed into an axis head, and the negative was the case(not even a tight fit to the axis)

It`s no wonder it didn`t even last 6 months.

I agree with Daguin. Solder it!!!!