Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

digicam: macrolens, which?

Krutz

Heya,

i just won me a sony dsc-v1 on ebay! :)
yes, its old.. but a good one! why this one? it can do "nightshot"-pics, where it removes the internal IR filter for full IR sensitivity. sounds useful? :)

another nice thing for my laser hobby would be macro photos. ebay has lots of macro-lenses, with different diopters. ranging from +2 to +10 diopter. i know what a diopter is (the inverse of the focal length in meters, so "1" is one meter, "2" is 1/2m, "5" is 1/5m and so on), and i know the, uhm, objective stuff: "Zoom wide (W) 34 mm, Zoom tele (T) 136 mm (4 x)". focal range is "Normal: 40 cm (1.3 ft) - Infinity" "Macro: 10 - 40 cm (3.9 - 15.7 in)". and thats about it, i have no clue what to do with those numbers, or which lens to choose.
i would like to photograph small insects, animals (as moving objects) and diode-dies and the like (as still objects).

any hints and help? you'll get some extra macro pics for that too :p

manuel

Krutz

i just bought me a 10x diopter macrolens. lets see how this one works out, will post back!

manuel