Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Difference between similar looking lasers from youlasers.com (former DX) and Lazerer

mstr

From what I understand, it is the same product from both sites (same chinese laser) but lazerer tests it before shipping and guarantees the the laser will be up to spec.

From what I understand, it is the same product from both sites (same chinese laser) but lazerer tests it before shipping and guarantees the the laser will be up to spec.

That's exactly correct.

DX lasers are notoriously not up to spec. So sure, you can pay less... and hope like hell that you get lucky.

Just don't complain when you don't win the DX laser lottery.

IMHO the guarantee of having what's advertised, is worth the extra price, and lazerer prices are still way lower than those of the high quality sites.

honeyx

At Lazerer you will get a onspec unit whereas DX will sell you a unit that is way underspec. Let´s say you are buying a 200mW greenie at DX you will get one that is outputing about 100mW. So the few more $$ you are spending at lazerer are worth to be spend. You are not just paying for the onspec unit but also for the service and a much much faster shipping.

At Lazerer you will get a onspec unit whereas DX will sell you a unit that is way underspec. Let´s say you are buying a 200mW greenie at DX you will get one that is outputing about 100mW. So the few more $$ you are spending at lazerer are worth to be spend. You are not just paying for the onspec unit but also for the service and a much much faster shipping.

That's if you're lucky and count IR. I bought 4 lasers from gadgettown at one point(same kind of cheap chinese crap as any other site) since I thought "hey, their prices are great!".

When I got the lasers, not one of them was over 50mW.

Last edited:

honeyx

You are right. Was just giving an example what he might get if he is one of the lucky ones.

Does this not smell like a lame attempt at advertising? 1 post? Spam.

YOURLASERS.COM SUCKS!!!!!!! :D

You're for real! LOL!!! My apologies, my good man!

PS... you made the right choice.

rhd

Does this not smell like a lame attempt at advertising? 1 post? Spam.

YOURLASERS.COM SUCKS!!!!!!! :D

I'm sorry, but with 22 posts to YOUR name, I don't think you should be calling anyone ELSE out as a spammer.

May I ask, what is YOUR rationale for saying that yourlasers.com sucks?

Thanks for your answers, my 100mw green laser is already shipped by lazerer.com! Maybe I'll buy a cheap 5mw decoy laser from DX, but for the more expensive 100mw one, I'm willing to pay more for the power guarantee.

I'm sorry, but please tell me you're not blind to what's going on here?

Don't compare the 100mW ($37) YourLaser to the 100mW ($60) Lazerer

Compare the 150mW ($50) YourLaser to the 100mW (60) Lazerer

That's all Lazerer is doing. These are the exact same lasers, except that YourLasers (former DX) sells at the "sketchy" power rating indicated by the manufacturer. Whereas Lazerer doesn't.

So to be fair to both Lazerer and YourLasers, compare across similarly PRICED, not similarly SPEC'd lasers. For $50 on YourLaser, you'll get a "150mW" laser, that will in reality be a bit above 100mW. For $60 on Lazerer, you'll get a "100mW" that will in reality be a bit above 100mW. No mystery here.

I'm sorry, but with 22 posts to YOUR name, I don't think you should be calling anyone ELSE out as a spammer.

It wasn't really serious. It seemed scripted and, for the same reasons you stated... comparing the "lesser" to the "greater" and no more posts. Is it some big damned deal or something? I don't think he was offended.

May I ask, what is YOUR rationale for saying that yourlasers.com sucks?

It was a joke, but after what you said about them I'll say it's the same as yours!

Last edited:

rhd

It was a joke, but after what you said about them I'll say it's the same as yours!

I think YourLasers probably will suck, just because DX has become pretty terrible these days, and it's just another crappy Chinese laser seller.

That said, I don't think there has been much feedback about YourLasers, so I'd give them a shot if I was in the market for lower powered greens.

Well, like I said, it was a joke. I'd be willing to give them a shot. It was strictly humor. :yh: