Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Did I get scammed?

Doge

So I ordered from O-like about 4 days ago now...and I contacted Susie to ask if she had shipped my laser yet. I checked my inbox for the duration of these 4 days and got no reply, I sent another message requesting verification of purchase but she didn't reply again.

I'm starting to suspect that I got scammed. Or they shipped it without notifying me...which is very unprofessional. If I got scammed then there goes my $84.

Oh and you can't claim that she's "busy" or "give it time" because 4 business days is more than enough
time to catch up on everything.

Last edited:

I haven't bought from O-Like just have a question tho. Why do you keep making new accounts? You should keep to one account so people can go back in your post and see what you are talking about easier. You have DogLivesMatter JustSignedUpRightNow and now this one Doge.

Last edited:
I have worried when I ordered from O-like in the past also and I've ordreded from them a dozen times or so.

But in my experience, they have always shipped me what I ordered,

I also have had problems getting the order placed, not wanting to process.
If it went through I'm sure you will get it.

Doge

I haven't bought from O-Like just have a question tho. Why do you keep making new accounts? You should keep to one account so people can go back in your post and see what you are talking about easier. You have DogLivesMatter JustSignedUpRightNow and now this one Doge.

Those are different people, you must be highly confused. If I did make multiple accounts, I wouldn't waste my time with serious matters here. Think before you act.

GSS

Those are different people, you must be highly confused. If I did make multiple accounts, I wouldn't waste my time with serious matters here. Think before you act.
If you have seen other threads on China based companys they celebrate alot of holidays that we don't. Shipping is shut down and I assume customer service is. Not getting a message in 4 days isn't unusual. I can't say they are in holiday season but cool it with the smart remarks or you won't last here. Think before "you"post:whistle:

Last edited:

Encap

O-like is pretty good - they offer a lot of entry level priced goods that are what they say they are----a lot of members have ordered from them and they always deliver.

A delay in reply could be for a lot of reasons --- foreward your first email again to susie and add that you a resending because you received no reply --ask her if your order made on (date of order) has been received and shippped---if shipped when--if not shipped when will it ship.

Chances that you have been scammed are about zero---is not what they do and have never been reported as doing.

Last edited:

If you have seen other threads on China based companys they celebrate alot of holidays that we don't. Shipping is shut down and I assume customer service is. Not getting a message in 4 days isn't unusual. I can't say they are in holiday season but cool it with the smart remarks or you won't last here. Think before "you"post:whistle:

Don't be a dick. He was just responding to someone accusing him of being two other people. You need to do the thinking before posting buddy. :whistle:

Lets all calm down here.

Doge,
Many Chinese companies don't respond very well to emails and from my experience you just gotta wait it out some. O-like seems to have a decent reputation here so I do not think you've been scammed.

There have been some recent posts similar to yours so that's why it seems that there's a possibility of you having multiple accounts.

Also, the forums have some trolls and things like that going around so people are quick to get annoyed if they suspect something. I personally am also getting annoyed with the trolls but we all have to keep our heads.:p

I hope you find what you're looking for here and have a great stay :)

diachi

Haven't you wondered why there are a lot of trolls here? Because too many people are stepped on and bullied on here. This site is for chumps and retarded kipkay and styropyro lovers. No experienced members bother to deal with this place. This site is a huge dump and it aint smelling any better.

If you always smell shit everywhere you go, check the bottom of your own shoe.

This site is for chumps and retarded kipkay and styropyro lovers

Thanks, very mature. Maybe a reason that you haven't felt very welcomed so far is because of how rude you have been. Styropyro is one of the reasons I even joined this place because his videos got me very interested in creating lasers.

No experienced members bother to deal with this place

Then where else do they go? This is a very niche hobby and there aren't many other havens that you can go to. I, for one, enjoy this website and all of it's experienced members. They have helped me and given me any advice I've ever needed.

Thanks, very mature. Maybe a reason that you haven't felt very welcomed so far is because of how rude you have been. Styropyro is one of the reasons I even joined this place because his videos got me very interested in creating lasers.

Then where else do they go? This is a very niche hobby and there aren't many other havens that you can go to. I, for one, enjoy this website and all of it's experienced members. They have helped me and given me any advice I've ever needed.

Honestly, PL has some members not on here, but mostly Projector people and they sometimes look down at the pointer crowd as it is a younger demographic.

However lots of VERY knowledgeable members are on here and on PL and ideas sometimes get started on one forum and then hops to the other or vise versa, same with Group Buys.

I don't think Sam Goldwasser is on either, but Steve is on both. So you can't really knock this site if you are into lasers unless you are a troll :)

So I ordered from O-like about 4 days ago now...and I contacted Susie to ask if she had shipped my laser yet. I checked my inbox for the duration of these 4 days and got no reply, I sent another message requesting verification of purchase but she didn't reply again.

I'm starting to suspect that I got scammed. Or they shipped it without notifying me...which is very unprofessional. If I got scammed then there goes my $84.

Oh and you can't claim that she's "busy" or "give it time" because 4 business days is more than enough
time to catch up on everything.

Confirm that payment was sent, that you were actually charged, and if so, relax.

In terms of communication, 4 business days is really not much, and chinese companies in general are not great about it, if nothing else, due to the drastic time difference, and language barrier.

Expect package in 3-4 weeks.