Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Did I find two interesting things?

¸¸¸

[ Laserpointer ]
I found this laser pointer with a strange shape and among the other photos there was this one, can you please tell me, that thing with all the red and black wires attached and with that copper circle, what is it and what is it called?
Maybe it's the turning point for something I think? I'm excited if that's the case.

[ PCB Protection Circuit Board 3.7V ]
18650 Li-ion Lithium PCB Protection Circuit Board 3.7V Battery Cell Protection Board 5A Round
Would this thing be useful for soldering the + and - to close the circuit and make a laser pointer shine? I've attached some photos,
maybe you understand better than me, I'm still learning.

Attachments

• Image5_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    Image5_1024x1024@2x.jpg
    232.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 51yaQ5qpyeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    51yaQ5qpyeL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 61Oeu0wl5EL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    61Oeu0wl5EL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 614B48CcVIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    614B48CcVIL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 11

Laserpointer: that 'thing' is the driver for the diode in that laser. It provides a constant current to the diode.

Protection board: Designed to protect Li ion batteries from over or under charging. "Protected" Li ion batteries have these built in. It will NOT provide adequate current limiting/regulation for driving our diodes. It only protects the battery, you still need to use a proper driver circuit with it.

Last edited:

¸¸¸

Laserpointer: that 'thing' is the driver for the diode in that laser. It provides a constant current to the diode.

Protection board: Designed to protect Li ion batteries from over or under charging. "Protected" Li ion batteries have these built in. It will NOT provide adequate current limiting/regulation for driving our diodes. It only protects the battery, you still need to use a proper driver circuit with it.
Ok thanks for answering both questions.

Last edited: