Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dicks an lasers

thought id tell you about a time i was driving home from my girlfriends house (about a year 7months ago) i drove past a few kids (16 + ) and they looked at me but when i got past them BANG they shine a green laser into my review mirrior..... i was a bit mad to say the least but just looked away. it wasnt a powerfull laser but it didnt matter. i was thinking to myself the other day "only if i had my arctic" i wonder what there faces would of been like if i got my arctic out to them ( i would never do this EVER ) but it would teach them a lesson.

Fantasizing, is fine. As long as you control yourself, as with any situation that should involve law enforcement. And not taking the law into your own hands. ;-)

Stories like this are quite frightning... What if one of those kids had a Artic?

I understand they where in the wrong first. Hard to say what I would have done.

Knowing me, I would have called the cops and ruined everyones day.

Welcome to the forum by the way.:)

well as i said id never shine a 1mw laser into any ones face, but to this day i get mad thinking of it. as its been said what if it was a 200mw or a arctic they had..... not just that but i was driving at the time..

Yes, if it had been a very powerful laser you would have possibly been killed, by running off the road, and had impaired vision to boot if you were lucky enough to survive. Not much different than if you were being shot at with a ballistic weapon. Definitely would have been worth getting the police notified.

I would of span the car around and try to enlighten them about the dangers of lasers, bu tthey probably wouldnt of taken any notice anyhew :/

A simple HID Flashlight and flashing at them from your car would have give them a lesson OR turn your high and fog lights on and flash them a few time if its possible.

A simple HID Flashlight and flashing at them from your car would have give them a lesson OR turn your high and fog lights on and flash them a few time if its possible.

Screw that,

I know I'll probably get flamed, but I would have fired right back. EVERYONE knows that your not supposed to point a laser in someone else eyes, especially someone that is driving. They might not have known that it could cause serious damage, but they would still know how ungodly bright and unsafe that is. I'm sure taking a quick flash of 125mW of 532 to the face would stop them from pulling that again.

I guess its a good thing my lasers never leave my house :shhh:

pHeneX

How bout you change the topic?
"dicks and lasers", when i first read that something different came across my mind than kids pointing their lasers at you.
:evil:

Btw: thats why handhelds >5mW are banned in most countries.. poor thing if you ask me.

Last edited:

Razako

Honestly I probably would've flashed them with my focusable 50mw green(with the beam spread out ofc) to teach them a lesson. I mean even if they don't know about the eye danger they ought to know not to lase people who are driving.

I had 2 kids throw rocks at me while on the freeway. Fortunately the rock missed. I promptly called the police who transferred me to highway patrol.

My description added to the complaints they already had from other calls. What I am saying is that action is needed but maybe not the with the blood boiling.

Pinning the kid down while waiting for the police is one thing. Causing damage is another.

gillza

I think Lasers like alcohol and cigarettes should only be sold to people after a certain range. If you'd ask me about this before I'd be strongly against it, but now after assembling my own 405nm DIY flashlight and seeing it burn things, my opinion has changed...

sadly it doesn't matter what they choose to play with, baseball bat, crow bar, shot gun, paintball gun, spray paint, golf clubs et al...

a jackass is a jackass and until someone gets hurt and THE JACKASS IS HELD ACCOUNTABLE,
the few will ruin things for the many just as they always have.