Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dichro cubes for beam combinations.

i want to mix red and green to make yellow and also adding blue to make white - using them polarised dichroic cubes.
someone showed me some of these on edmundoptics - at the time they were going for about $26.
when i emailed edmundoptics about this - they pointed out some dichors that cost $250 :(

whats the cheapest dichros i could use for this experiment? basically i just wana shine red/green laser thorugh different angles to create a yellow beam.
i heard a basic way of doing it with a mirror, scratching a bit of the reflective coating off, but that didnt work.
if any1 can point me in the right direction, much appreciated thanks! :)

Head over to mliptack's optics GB. It's not an easy thing you're trying to do, but he has dichros and mounts for the cheapest ive ever seen.

If you have the blue-ray sled you can use the cubes in that, I have used them for my RGB scanner........

Regards rog8811

*Edit... The reason I show 2 positions for blu-ray is I have used one cube to combine 2 blue-rays for a brighter output, if you are using one of each colour, use red at the bottom and blue to the right ;)

Attachments

• combiner01_002.jpg
    combiner01_002.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 140
from the edmundoptics site, which 2 cubes do i need for making yellow using green/red and also to make white using red,green,blue?
please can some1 pinpoint the stock numbers of the cubes i need?
many thanks :)

read the desc on the page.

i believe blue means it reflects blue, red reflects red and green reflects green