Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Destructive Gear Pyro?

Has anyone bought from Destructive Gear?

I am interested in their pyro 100mw, converting to GBP and the discount codes in another topic here it works out at about £160.

There's one currently on hold in the 'Reviews' section. Unfortunately, the one doing the review ended up with a mode-hopping laser. So far, it seems DG is more than willing to help out in replacing it, but we have yet to see the results of the replacement.
If you want to buy one and give it a review, by all means! It's a great price on the unit, but with many of us having been fed the lies from other companies that will remain un-named, you'll find many here hesitant to trust a company's word without outside verification of their claims.
This has been the recent issue with DG. Until this one in the Reviews section was received, no one here had tried this company's products.

S

SenKat

The Grey Fox has a valid point ! I LIKE the look of thier products, their customer service appears to be very good, but this is the second time out of two contests that they have shipped out a defective unit to the winner of the contest. The very first contest winner (he is not on this forum I think) received a DOA unit, and had to wait longer for a new unit. IMO - their QA area sucks 100%, but they have made things right - with both folks, the previous winner, and with LarryQ (so far) and deserve credit for effort, and integrity...they just need to revamp their QA department, that's all !
Based ONLY on those two "issues" I would actually surprise people, and say, "Buy from them" if you like their stuff.... Great customer service can make up for a great deal of other issues. :)

siska

Senkat, you are mistaken about another contest DOA laser. The previous winner broke his power switch after a few weeks and we sent him a replacement. To my knowledge, it's still working great.

Rhith

I'm sure through the different forums and rumors that go around that you don't get all of the facts right. At least he didn't try and say DG was sending crap units to everyone.

S

SenKat

Siska - if you say so - but I was in constant communications with him from when he first won it, until recently - and that was his story, that it arrived DOA. I was trying to get him to send it to me so I could see how they perform, etc - I cannot recall precisely if you were the one I spoke to regarding doing a review on DG's products, and was told all sorts of interesting things, but whomever that was dissappeared after a while, and I never heard back from them. But, again - I was only repeating what was told to me from the winner himself.