Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

dell inspirom 9300 - beep code

hello guys, it is long time what my laptop used to send out beep code.. i have tried to find what does it mean in a few manuals, but i was not succesful..

it is one fluently beep which takes maybe one second... thats it...

i dont think that there is any problem as everything is working well, but i would like to know what my laptop want to SAY to me..

thanx

tell me more. do you have video, do you see the POST screen, when does the beep start? does it give you a blue screen or an error msg? need more info!!

WonHungLo said:
tell me more. do you have video, do you see the POST screen, when does the beep start? does it give you a blue screen or an error msg? need more info!!

i can hear beep at anytime... it is always suddenly and without any post scren... there is always only one beep doesnt matter what i do with my laptop...
i can hear it even if my laptop is only on the table without any running aplications...

really weird

WonHungLo, your avatar is too distracting. i cant read the question!!! ;D

Kenom

is the one single beep a long beep or a short on. Short entails just a quick BEEP! Long entails BEEEEEEEEEP.

Kenom said:
is the one single beep a long beep or a short on.  Short entails just a quick BEEP!  Long entails BEEEEEEEEEP.

it is cca 1-1,5 second long beep... so probably  BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP   :-?

do you know anything about it???  :-/

if you don't get any video or POST then it is 90% memory. try reseating the memory module if it is a desktop then it will look like this...
ramboram.jpg

if it is a laptop then there is a cover on the bottom and it will look like this...
rambo-sodimm.jpg

make sure you ground yourself before touching anything inside of the computer.

if that doesn't work, then replace the memory

sorry i just read your second post. you can get into windows and still hear the beep??

yes, my laptop is working well... everything is ok, just sometimes it send out this ''BEEEEEEEP''

i think it is nothing serious, i am just curious