Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

delete

hoon

Curiosity got the best of me and I put 2 3.6V AAAs into one of the overspec pens I got off of swimsurfer. "A bulb that burns twice as bright only burns half as long"- Bladerunner.

I looked into the pen and saw a red dot glowing in there... oops. So something is still working.

Let the bidding begin. I don't have a use for it. I'll start out with 2$ for shipping costs...

Last edited:

Re: FS: Broken "overspec" green pen

Never look down the barrel of a laser when it won't turn on, especially a DPSS laser.

Well I would now call it UNDERspec....

And don't look into the Laser... that is IR energy coming out..
Just because it doesn't look bright doesn't mean it can not
damage your eyes...

Jerry

mfo

I bid $10 for it.

hoon

As for staring down the barrel,,that's what the "oops" was for, luckily i don't notice a problem and as soon as I saw it, I looked away.

10$ sold pending payment.

mfo

I bid $20.

@mfo

I have 3 broken greens pens I'd be happy to sell you for $20 a piece... in fact I can make a few more:na:

@hoon

Lazerer warned you about that... even using one 10440 with a spacer is pushing your luck... Although I have done myself:p

Last edited:

I've run a DX 5mW green with 2 10440s and it did give about 30mW for a while, eventually died with about an hour of run time on the 10440s. duty cycle was <1 min for sure though...

-Dustin

Actually I've been tempted to try one 10440 with a spacer in a 405nm 150mW pen from o-like. The fact that it's kind of expensive keeps stopping me. Anyone know what driver is used in it? If it can handle the current. At it is with 2 AAA's it starts to feel warm after 45 seconds or so.

He's joking. A pen with burnt crystals is not worth the shipping.

Love the new Picture. I'll never forget when I took a flight on PIA(Pakistan International Airlines) and the "in flight movie" was Three Stooges!

ThreeStoogesMovie.jpg
[/IMG]

Last edited:

DTR

@mfo

I have 3 broken greens pens I'd be happy to sell you for $20 a piece... in fact I can make a few more:na:

@hoon

Lazerer warned you about that... even using one 10440 with a spacer is pushing your luck... Although I have done myself:p

Hell I have 30 working ones I would sell him for $20.:D

Actually I've been tempted to try one 10440 with a spacer in a 405nm 150mW pen from o-like. The fact that it's kind of expensive keeps stopping me. Anyone know what driver is used in it? If it can handle the current. At it is with 2 AAA's it starts to feel warm after 45 seconds or so.

I run mine with a single 10440 and a spacer all the time. Have not had any problems.;)

@DTR, thanks for the info... now to find my spacer:D

Also, what did you do, rob a chinese dropshipper!?!? 30 green lasers for $20 is not a bad deal...

You can always use my method and get a small piece of threaded rod for a few bucks at a hardware store. Bevel the edge with a grinder / dremel, cut to length and cover with heat shrink tubing. You should be able to make 10 or more spacers for under $5.00. They are ugly but they wok. :D

I did my cr123s that way. I've been thinking of trying other sizes too.

@DTR, thanks for the info... now to find my spacer:D

Last edited: