Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Delete please

d.png

If not tell me how i should hook it up. I don't want to waste my money buying a housing or board for this cheap IR/ Red diode.

Re: Would this build work?

There are also cheap very small drivers you can buy on the B/S/T section if you are not up to making your own.
Search for Rckstr (good) or Flexdrive (better)
They have the advantage of being much smaller then a DDL (LM317) driver.
You must use a driver.

this is a joke--right?--had me goin' there for a sec....
IR RED??? your diode looks like a d*ck

He has been watching too much kipkay. Also did you use paint for that drawing?

Morgan

Hey GM, there are several threads opened by H3llk03r that all relate to the same project. Inexperience meant a new thread was opened for every question. Hopefully all these threads have been boiled down to this one - http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/advice-please-52280.html

I think time is still needed for our new member to find his feet but progression has been shown already. (editting the first post to pose a new question for instance kind of throws the whole thread out but, small steps... !) ;)

Hey Hak,
this is a joke--right?--had me goin' there for a sec....
IR RED??? your diode looks like a d*ck [unquote]

He did have an IR/Red diode harvested from a DVD drive. Again, inexperience produced multiple threads that didn't allow us to follow all the info posted. Check out his other threads over the last few days to piece the story together. He has, however, now purchased a 6x BR with RCKSTR module and is going with that. The multiple thread issue has been pointed out to the OP and hopefully he is working towards a more, 'coherent', approach. I hadn't noticed before but that does look like a d*ck! Ha!

M
:)

Last edited:

My skillz in Paint as equally bad- My first posts here were noobish too. I wish him great success w/ the 6X.

I thought the IR and the red were two different diodes--(Im still a noob!)

Morgan

My skillz in Paint as equally bad- My first posts here were noobish too. I wish him great success w/ the 6X.

I thought the IR and the red were two different diodes--(Im still a noob!)

Hey Hak,

There are several CD/DVD burner sleds out there with dual package diodes. Even tri-package so I've heard, IR/Red/BR but I've never played with one of these myself. A, 'back in the day', diode from my interpretation. Here's a recent thread with a pic of a dual package - http://laserpointerforums.com/f50/4-pin-diode-52156.html - Although this one may be of little use, a common one that is usable is the PHR IR/Red but it's pretty feeble in comparison to our favoured diodes. It's the, 'other', diode that is not BR from that sled. It is a 4 pin, 5.6mm package and is usually just thrown away.

Fun if you're bored and good for practicing your building.

M
:)

I don't want to waste my money buying a housing or board for this cheap IR/ Red diode.

Use a suitable resistor (based on battery voltage and diode forward voltage - use V=IR), a 47uF capacitor across the diode, and don't complain when it dies.

Morgan-@'Fun if you're bored and good for practicing your building.

M
Lord knows I need the practice--looking at 4 aw sleds atm- and scared I will do something wrong!! the 2 Casio projectors did build my confidence tho-- did the Harvest today
in 1/3 of the time I spent on the first one. Still learning--turn 63 on Sat.

still a kid - no idea what I want to be when I grow up.. Could I be the most senior member-age-wise??----hak