Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deja vu....

Australian Customs is getting lazy. It happened to me too!

Attachments

• DSC00272.JPG
    DSC00272.JPG
    300.2 KB · Views: 103

And here's me DX True 30! Un-confiscated as God intended!

Attachments

• DSC00273.JPG
    DSC00273.JPG
    342.1 KB · Views: 101
Works good too. messed around with the battery spring, the batts were moving around a bit so I stretched it a little so now it works fine. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Don't mind that little blotch, that just got captured by the camera... I never saw it o.o

Attachments

• DSC00275.JPG
    DSC00275.JPG
    306.1 KB · Views: 95

Switch

Oh sweet.....they opened it and left it there :D Good for you.I'm expecting mine any day now.Hope it'll be as good as yours.

Tis a good one! Very visible beam during the night - was shining it all over the place! ;D My mum's a hippy so she has crystals and stuff to play with. I can also mess with the chandeliers in my dining room, and I turned off the streetlight outside too ;D Now to break out the incense! :D

Ordering a Dilda-Lazor along with lots of other legal stuff. Hopefully Customs will think it's all legal and won't be bothered to check the whole package ;)

Nice laser VillageIdiot. How does it perform? Modehopping or warming up problems?

Ace82

VillageIdiot said:
Tis a good one! Very visible beam during the night - was shining it all over the place! ;D My mum's a hippy so she has crystals and stuff to play with. I can also mess with the chandeliers in my dining room, and I turned off the streetlight outside too ;D Now to break out the incense! :D

Ordering a Dilda-Lazor along with lots of other legal stuff. Hopefully Customs will think it's all legal and won't be bothered to check the whole package ;)

My mom's a hippy too, I guess that explains her fascination with crystal decorations for me to saturate with light! when I visit!

Petrovski said:
Nice laser VillageIdiot. How does it perform? Modehopping or warming up problems?

If there's one thing good about Australia, you can go out in a t-shirt in the middle of winter and you'll be ok. No warming up problems... Mode hopping? Not yet...

Murudai said:
Wonder if it'll happen to me too ;)

And the answer is... no :) It didn't happen to me. My DX200 got here with the packaging untouched ;)

I guess the difference is that you guys are in NSW with the new laws, and I'm in ACT which doesn't have any new laws :)

Yeah, but it happened to Dingers, why not him? Maybe customs can't do anything about it at this time... legislation hasn't passed or something? o_O

Zom-B

Ace82 said:
[quote author=VillageIdiot link=1210574773/0#5 date=1210591304]Tis a good one! Very visible beam during the night - was shining it all over the place! ;D My mum's a hippy so she has crystals and stuff to play with. I can also mess with the chandeliers in my dining room, and I turned off the streetlight outside too ;D Now to break out the incense! :D

My mom's a hippy too, I guess that explains her fascination with crystal decorations for me to saturate with light! when I visit! [/quote]
You two should watch out with those crystals. I once saturated one of my crystals (a cuboctahedron with a 3-d figure (laser)etched into it) with my DX 50, and the beam hit my eye once. I didn't see a black spot yet so I guess I'm lucky it just missed my pupil. (as in, it must have hit my iris or eye-white)

Damn, that guy only had a 15mW! Mine's double that, and I've had spill from a crystal in my eyes before, but I do it from 3 metres away so it's less likely. I usually just get dark spots (like what you get if you stare at a lightbulb for a few secs) which go away after a minute) Maybe that dude has some really weak eyes ;D But I'm a getting me some 532nm and 600-700nm goggles, so no need to worry for me :cool:

how is the DX true 30? Im looking to buy another laser, and I dont rlly know whether to save for the DX 200 red burner or just get the DX30 green now.
I know 30 wont burn anything, but the beam is cool :)
Nice one getting it through customs too (Y) :D

JamesHooper said:
save for the DX 200 red burner or just get the DX30 green now.
I know 30 wont burn anything, but the beam is cool :)

If you don't already have a burner, get the DX200. It's like the ultimate starter burner :)

My customs untouched DX200 just arrived, and for just $65 with charger and batteries it's freakin' unbelievable! I almost set fire to the newspaper at 3 meters! (And I wasn't even pointing it at black print!)