Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

death of a 6x

well tried to harvest my 6x and tried the solder blob technique-did'nt work
\i ended up melting everything togather then tried the cut away technique
lets just say i broke both pins off -dude i never even fired it up rkcstr said the drivers are on the way i was just going to put it in an axis and wait for the drivers
now i totally not going to try to harvest techjunkies -have you seenb how big he is he'll kill me anyways sorry mark i'll send your unharvested sled after the drivers get here
i'll give you a free axis and some other stuff for your trouble and me letting you down

well tried to harvest my 6x and tried the solder blob technique-did'nt work
\i ended up melting everything togather then tried the cut away technique
lets just say i broke both pins off -dude i never even fired it up rkcstr said the drivers are on the way i was just going to put it in an axis and wait for the drivers
now i totally not going to try to harvest techjunkies -have you seenb how big he is he'll kill me anyways sorry mark i'll send your unharvested sled after the drivers get here
i'll give you a free axis and some other stuff for your trouble and me letting you down

Have you ever even built a laser?

wow looking at ryans new youtube video i feel so stupid he makes it look so easy i may practice that style on other low cost diodes

saw a 8x burner for 270$ cad at bestbuy (open box)...
Juhova Witness, may i have your rpl?? ;)

Poor little 6x, deserve to be in recycle bin.

:) i need to get on this GGW too.....
whats the "safe" current for these anyways?

i never got to find that out i was shooting for 200ma driver it should be here today or Monday

runs over to the gun cabinet and loads his 357 magnum then realizes
that oh yea if you kill yourself yopu go straight to hell no pass go no collect 200 dollars i guess i'll start saving for another 6x and pay for a harvest

i'm always available :)
i'd do it for shipping costs.

I use this technique for removing the ribbon cable:

Take a VERY sharp razor, and make 2 cuts on the ribbon cable, so it is not connecting all 3 pins together.
Untitled.jpg

Then, take tiny scissors, and cut most of the cable off of each pin, so there is only a little bit left.
Now, take your soldering iron (the tip has to be a needle tip, or it won't work) and position it on the pin below the ribbon cable, and slide up. The ribbon cable should come right off.
Do this to each pin.

This leaves super clean pins.

heh yeah, if you want i can harvest your next one lawson.
i just did this one....haven't tested it but the whole thing went smoothly, takes about 5 minutes.

Attachments

• ggw.JPG
    ggw.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 119
i left the ribbon long, wraped it around my tweezers and use the solder blob...the long ribbon helps to grab it.

then i filed down the heatsink on each of of that long "post" type thing on it, then use two pliers to bend it open.......then used a part from the hardware store plus my mini vice to set the diode.