Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

Death Angle

glona

Hay i just got my dorcy laser from death angle awsem quality but only complaint is not to powerfull really cnat light a match but awsem quality heras some pics

please leave some feadback this is my first post dont be to harsh on my gramer please lol

Attachments

To light a match you'll need to do 2 things: 1. focus the laser (IE, shine the laser through magnifying glass and find where the beam gets the smallest - that's where you want to stick the match) and 2. color the match head dark with sharpie.

Its possible your laser may be underpower, but until you try those two things and can't get a match to light, there's absolutely no reason to think its underpowered. A collimated red diode would have difficultly lighting a red match unaided even if it were a few hundred mWs.

Gazoo

pseudo,
Maybe I am misunderstanding you but I have no problems lighting non-sharpied safety matches using the same housing and lens. With a power output of ~150mw's I can light the white headed paper matches as well. This is using the aixiz housing and lens and the GB Sony diode. No magnifying lens or sharpied matches are necessary. If he can't light a a match provided he has focused the lens then something is not right...IMO.

Morepower

Try fresh or different batteries also. But as Psuedo said lighting a red match is not easy due to the colour, red reflects red.

Gazoo

Morepower said:
Try fresh or different batteries also. But as Psuedo said lighting a red match is not easy due to the colour, red reflects red.
The safety matches I have are red and they light right up.. ;)

C

Chris.

I have an 8x diode, same housing at 208mA
Lights sharpied matches only because they are otherwise red :mad:

Gazoo

A GB diode running at 160ma's will light a non-sharpied safety match. Your 8X diode might not be putting out the same power as a GB diode is capable of putting out running on less current.