Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

DealExtreme

nik

ok how are they so cheap? there lasers can't actually be as high quality as they say they are, or can they? There must be a catch

Their 50mW and below versions have always been great. The 200mW version usually doesn't put out 200mW but is usually well over 100mW, so they are all well worth the price, there is no catch, it's just cheap China labor.

S

SenKat

The ONLY catch is, you gotta wait a little while to get it ! And by all means, do NOT order it shipped faster than normal. I think I have only heard of one laser making it to it;s destination that way...it gets flagged by customs, and snatched up !

i buy tons of stuff off dx
and the shipping is pretty much the same as if i were buying off eBay

I guess most of you live in the States
and usually things are shipped from the States
so you normally get the item in 2 days or so

1-2 weeks wait time for shipping is normal here in Canada.
Positive side is if i were buying from novalasers/laserglow I get it in 2 days or so =]

S

SenKat

LOL ! Me_too_lazy - remember the laser you won from that old contest ? If I recall correctly, it took bloody FOREVER to get to you !

Yeah, us folks in the States are a little spoiled as far as when we EXPECT our shipped stuff to arrive....definitely spoiled :p

DX sure does have great deals, it's just too bad it takes forever to get the stuff from them. I ordered two sets of items from them, and I've got most of the stuff in, I'm just missing some light up toys, and one of the new cheaper 50 mw greens... it never arrived, I was hoping I'd be able to give a review of it, since it cost next to nothing (less than $30 for 50 mw? and green no-less! What a deal!). As for us being spoiled by shipping... we might have it nice to get stuff quick here, but our laser pointer laws kinda blow... and our current government.....well, let's just say, I can't wait for next November (I just hope it ends better than it did 3 years ago...)

me_too_lazy said:
i buy tons of stuff off dx
and the shipping is pretty much the same as if i were buying off eBay

I guess most of you live in the States
and usually things are shipped from the States
so you normally get the item in 2 days or so

1-2 weeks wait time for shipping is normal here in Canada.
Positive side is if i were buying from novalasers/laserglow I get it in 2 days or so =]

Yeah it does suck being in Canada when buying things on the internet, everything takes longer to get to us :'( I was quite surprised tho when my wl classic arrived here in 1 week (And it worked ! ;D) but yeah their shipping is pricey tho :p So any cheap or free shipping will take a lot of time to get here :-/

Did you steal my thread or did i steal yours? I cant be bothered checking post times :)

I can't believe there is free shipping for all international addresses for most items. Sure, lasers are generally light weight but some of those items must cost less that what it costs to ship them. I think in my thread it was mentioned that the delay is in dispatching the item, not in the shipping time.

Even if the prices were higher, this kind of site is just awsome. Like a market on the internet.

SenKat said:
LOL !  Me_too_lazy - remember the laser you won from that old contest ? If I recall correctly, it took bloody FOREVER to get to you !

Yeah, us folks in the States are a little spoiled as far as when we EXPECT our shipped stuff to arrive....definitely spoiled :p

lol and my dragon case took even longer to get to u
heh but that was unusually long...