Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme true lasers SUCK?

Hello, I've seen on dealextreme people saying that the true green laser pointers have been stocked this month with crappy ones :\
is this true? If so what would be an alternative?
And are there 100mW true lasers modified? What does it mean if there pots are maxed out?
I think I might buy the 50mW true and a 200mw pointer on there to compare to my 100mW, 30mW and true 50mW to come :) I wanted to see if the non true lasers are really so bad and to see what the power would compare to my 100mW with their 200mW not true...
If the 200mW is a bad idea where do you think I can get a affordable 200mw green laser pointer that has a good beam diameter that would work well for my burning pleasures....
Thanks.
-Twisted

Don't waste money on buying lasers from DX to compare , save your money for a good laser.

You buy lasers at Lazerer or at O-like.

Both are good companies. Their lasers are usually up to spec and the customer service is good. Prices are fair.

You buy lasers at Lazerer or at O-like.

Both are good companies. Their lasers are usually up to spec and the customer service is good. Prices are fair.

Thanks!
I found this: LZTN - 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer

It is very cheap and it is exactly what I wanted!
Just wondering if it is filtered and if it is 100mW green and not something like 80mW green and 30mW ir... Also wondering if it is up to spec and will burn without focusing...

Thanks!
I found this: LZTN - 532nm 100mW Smallest Green Laser Pointer

It is very cheap and it is exactly what I wanted!
Just wondering if it is filtered and if it is 100mW green and not something like 80mW green and 30mW ir... Also wondering if it is up to spec and will burn without focusing...

Neither of those lasers will be IR filtered. Lazerer guarantees power within 20% of stated output, and does count IR.

Same goes for o-like, although generally I trust lazerer a lot more.

RA_Pierce is selling a very nice pen iirc... but it's not cheap, $120 I think.

Neither of those lasers will be IR filtered. Lazerer guarantees power within 20% of stated output, and does count IR.

Same goes for o-like, although generally I trust lazerer a lot more.

RA_Pierce is selling a very nice pen iirc... but it's not cheap, $120 I think.

Hmmm I think I just really want a pen because I only have a large focusable looking laser and soon a lab style...
I cant find a 200mW pen-style greenie on there...
Should I just get a focusable one?

Should I just get a focusable one?

Yes.

Pen style lasers typically do not last nearly as long. You're limited by the type of battery you can use, and they offer no room for any kind of heatsinking.

The only plus is they are small.

Yes.

Pen style lasers typically do not last nearly as long. You're limited by the type of battery you can use, and they offer no room for any kind of heatsinking.

The only plus is they are small.

Okay... What focusable 100+mW green laser should I get on lazerer?

I was going to offer to sell you a laser... but with international shipping it wouldn't make sense for you in terms or price.

Personally I like the transformable mode a lot. The grenade style laser was also well reviewed. I have both, and both work very well.

They are quite a bit bigger than a pen, but far from huge:
2011-09-21004542.jpg

I was going to offer to sell you a laser... but with international shipping it wouldn't make sense for you in terms or price.

Personally I like the transformable mode a lot. The grenade style laser was also well reviewed. I have both, and both work very well.

They are quite a bit bigger than a pen, but far from huge:
2011-09-21004542.jpg

How much are you selling that for?
Where did you buy it and how much has it been used?
I am very skeptical when buying a used laser for obvious reasons...

How much are you selling that for?
Where did you buy it and how much has it been used?
I am very skeptical when buying a used laser for obvious reasons...

That member is very well known and trusted, you don't need to worry.

I think he bought it from Lazerer, but I could be mistaken.

My DinoDirect 405nm is in the same host as that one, the host is pretty fine. Focusing is a little weird, but that might be a problem unique to mine.

He has a sale thread for it somewhere, check his recent posts.