Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme True 30mW Text Review + Video

Well I ordered one of these lasers for my friend. But I did get a chance to play around before giving it to him. Sadly I didn't take any photos but made a quick video.

All done with stock AAAs

Brightness
I have ordered three of these in the past to sell on trademe and this one is by far the brightest of them.

It has a very bright green dot just slightly dimmer than my 50mW O-Like focusable. The beam at night is a solid green line and around the same in brightness

Divergence
Didn't pay too much attention but it seemed all right and I think somewhat better than my O-Like 50mW pen but not my O-Like 50mW focusable

Burning
Pops black balloons effortlessly and when focused smokes tape. Since its 30mW rated its not intended as a burner

Stability
Dims if you don't hold the button hard down. Mostly stable and didn't see any mod hopping in the short amount of time I used it

Video
YouTube - ‪Dealextreme 30mW Laser Review [HD]‬‏

Safety

All of you know this. But for those who don't this laser is very dangerous and can cause retinal burns. I wore laser safety googles when I was at risk of reflections

Rating
Good laser at a great price. 8.5/10

Too bad it was for my friend and not me.
I hope he's sensible with it

...If you gave him the safety shpiel he should be. I mean there is only so much you can do.

Put it to your friend this way... "See balloons pop?" "Yes" Poke a balloon to illustrate that it will bounce away, then offer to poke the guy in the eye.

Had a friend in high school was very anti seat belt, so one day when he was drunk we were talking about it... he claimed that he could use his hands to catch himself in case of a crash, because of his fitness and good reflexes. I bet him $100 that he could not catch himself with his hands, if he ran full speed into a telephone. Since running speed is a lot less than a car, he agreed, and ran.

I never got my money, and got yelled at by his parents... was totally worth it though:D

Unfortunately idiot still doesn't wear seat belts. Best you can do is try to teach.