Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dealextreme 200 mW

This looks like a really cheap laser for its power; is it worth the price?

Also, what will happen if I order it, due to the fact that I live in the U.S.?

How will it show up on the Paypal report? If I click on the item, will it take me to the page with the warning?

Thanks,
Mark

its the best you can get for the price and it is a very good highly praised laser. dont worry about the customs warning, one has never been confiscated (to my knowledge) and is highly unlikely

Switch

Yea, just don't chose EMS shipping, take the slow , safe and free way. :p

I've got one that I'm gonna mod with an OC Diode & a rkcstr driver, but it works OK just like it comes from DX ;)phoenix77/rob :cool:

Like others have said just have it shipped with the free air mail and you will get it safe. I have one and it is great, I have a review in my sig.

What are the best batteries to use to produce the highest power? Rattlehead's review on DX said that he used 3.6V rechargeables and adjusted the pot. I don't know how to do this or what model of batteries to get. Will this make a significant difference from the stock model?

-Mark

Oh well good luck, your a day late. DX & Paypal for 5mW+ are supposed not to work anymore. I got my two dilda yesterday work great, burn great, amazing shape, i give a 9/10. The lanyard has no use because its too small. I'd recommend it anytime. Probably the best 50$/each spent in a while. - Be warned that the battery at a local store or a Walmart may cost 15$ each, so 30$.

not in the usa at least... theres a new new warning now...

15 for each battery? they are 10 for a pair at the wal mart near me...

sad_sagi said:
not in the usa at least... theres a new new warning now...

15 for each battery? they are 10 for a pair at the wal mart near me...

If you live in the US, check your local Best Buy store 2pk Duracell CR2 for $2.99. ;)

I ordered mine two weeks ago, got a notice today, that DX has refunded my paypal account.

I was reading a sheet at work on these also, it stated about Federal offense to even possess a laser greater than 5 mw in the USA unless a lab, or some other place that had proof of need etc...... almost like having these is now a federal crime, is that true ? I mean we certainly don't wanna show any off then on You Tube etc in videos ? LOL

Whats incredible is my friend just bought a 50 caliber sniper rifle (he collects guns) for 6k with NO problems at all........ talk about crazy laws.

anyone have a link to which federal law "posession of a 5<mW laser" is a felloney?
(for the usa anyway)

RWTroll said:
I ordered mine two weeks ago, got a notice today, that DX has refunded my paypal account.

I was reading a sheet at work on these also, it stated about Federal offense to even possess a laser greater than 5 mw in the USA unless a lab, or some other place that had proof of need etc...... almost like having these is now a federal crime, is that true ? I mean we certainly don't wanna show any off then on You Tube etc in videos ? LOL

Whats incredible is my friend just bought a 50 caliber sniper rifle (he collects guns) for 6k with NO problems at all........ talk about crazy laws.

being a gun enthusiast, I see your point there. I always think the same thing when something silly gets banned.
you should go shooting with your friend, 50bmg's are fun :cool:

my idea on the new dx rule, is hey if you are reading this, your at the right forum to find the knowledge to build your own.