Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Deadly Brazilian wandering spider YIKES!

Possibly the worlds most deadly spider hides in banana shipments. It wont hesitate to attack and bite. SCARY quick running and jumping, and hard to avoid if it comes at ya. I'll post a video

Last edited:

Re: Deadly Brazilian wandering spider attacks lens cleaner YIKES!

Camera man must have been attacked because the video goes to black all of a sudden. Maybe zap it with a 1 watt 405nm pointer. Or keep the worlds most deadly spider in an aquarium with secure top?

Last edited:

Asa

Re: Deadly Brazilian wandering spider attacks lens cleaner YIKES!

This really isn't "laser discussion." Should be moved to off-topic!

I've heard that the Sydney Funnel Web is more aggressive and dangerous too.

Edit: http://www.washington.edu/burkemuseum/spidermyth/myths/downunder.html

This article begs to differ. It also says these spiders are hardly "deadly." Good to know for all you arachnophobes out there!

Last edited:
I wonder who identified it as Phoneutria spp. ?? Depending on the species these can certainly be dangerous and fast as lightning. I know a couple people who have raised them. This sort of thing happened here not too long ago. The specimen wasn't identified correctly.

Now of this thing had a laser strapped to its head.... That would be interesting.

Those centipedes are hard to kill too! I found a red-pincher'd or red headed one, it was gross! stomped it a few times, that got it mad, but also slowed it down. I got a toilet bowl brush, and managed to transport the sucker to the toilet where I proceded to use an old mouthwash bottle to smash it to bits.

Well, that didn't work, the stupid thing was still wriggling and trying to get out. I bashed it up pretty good too, but it was all in one piece still! So I take the top part of the bottle and just rolled up from his middle to his head, until finally its head popped, audibly!

I really and truely do hate those suckers! If I ever get overrun by spiders, I *might* consider letting them live, but I doubt it. Those are some of the only creatures that creep me out.

daguin

Those centipedes are hard to kill too! I found a red-pincher'd or red headed one, it was gross! stomped it a few times, that got it mad, but also slowed it down. I got a toilet bowl brush, and managed to transport the sucker to the toilet where I proceded to use an old mouthwash bottle to smash it to bits.

Well, that didn't work, the stupid thing was still wriggling and trying to get out. I bashed it up pretty good too, but it was all in one piece still! So I take the top part of the bottle and just rolled up from his middle to his head, until finally its head popped, audibly!

I really and truely do hate those suckers! If I ever get overrun by spiders, I *might* consider letting them live, but I doubt it. Those are some of the only creatures that creep me out.

:thinking: ?Como? :thinking:

Can you say, "non-sequitur"?

Peace,
dave

Last edited: