Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dave Guin sure is a sneaky guy.

So I was heading out to get some dinner tonight, and I figured I would check my mail box. As a laser enthusiast, I have packages coming to me nearly every day of the week ;D so I wasn't too surprised to see a package in there. I took the package out, to look who it was from, and it was from Dave. "Hmmm... I dont have anything coming from dave, I dont think," I thought to myself. So I opened the package and found some HR/OC mirror sets for a green HeNe, as well as a mirror set for an argon! The HeNe mirrors are for an experiment I have going on, and the argon mirrors were a bonus!

Just wanted to say thanks again to Dave for the little surprise I got in the mail today... it was completely unexpected!!!

Dave, you 'rock' (get it? 'rock'? mineral/crystal/rock collector? Yeah it wasn't very funny....)

Ace82

Integrity - adherence to moral and ethical principles; soundness of moral character; honesty.

Generous - 1. liberal in giving or sharing; unselfish: a generous patron of the arts; a generous gift.  
2. free from meanness or smallness of mind or character; magnanimous.  
3. large; abundant; ample: a generous portion of pie.  
open-handed, free, unstinting. Generous, charitable, liberal, bountiful, munificent all describe persons who give to others something of value, or the acts of such persons. Generous stresses the warm and sympathetic nature of the giver: a generous gift; generous in praise of the work of others. Charitable places stress on both the goodness and kindness of the giver and the indigence or need of the receiver: charitable assistance to the needy; a charitable person, always willing to help those less fortunate than himself. Liberal, in this connection, emphasizes the size of the gift, the largesse and openhandedness of the giver: a liberal contribution to the endowment fund. Bountiful implies effusive, unstinted giving and a sense of abundance or plenty: bountiful and unrestricted support for the museum; a bountiful return for his efforts. Munificent refers to gifts or awards so large and striking as to evoke amazement or admiration: a life income, a truly munificent reward for his loyalty; a munificent contribution, larger by far than any other. 2. high-minded, noble, big. 3. plentiful, copious. 5. fruitful.

Honor - 1. honesty, fairness, or integrity in one's beliefs and actions: a man of honor.  
2. a source of credit or distinction: to be an honor to one's family.  
3. high respect, as for worth, merit, or rank: to be held in honor.  
4. high public esteem; fame; glory: He has earned his position of honor.  
5. the privilege of being associated with or receiving a favor from a respected person, group, organization, etc.
6. to hold in honor or high respect; revere: to honor one's parents.  
7. to treat with honor.  
8. to confer honor or distinction upon: The university honored him with its leadership award.  
9. to show a courteous regard for: to honor an invitation.  
10. to meet or salute with a bow.  
–adjective 11. of, pertaining to, or noting honor.  
—Idioms 12. be on or upon one's honor, to accept and acknowledge personal responsibility for one's actions.
13. do honor to, a. to show respect to.  
14. to be a credit to: Such good students would do honor to any teacher.  

^^^ Dave  :D

diachi

Dave, you really are too kind ::)

What are you on about, Dave IS the Pope, he's the Pope of all things lasers !

daguin

En il nom de il padre, y il fili, y il espiritu sancti [smiley=engel017.gif]

daguin stole my bike :-/

...I don't think the pope would steal a bmx...not to mention the frog sacrifices... :-X

Of course I am joking daguin is a very helpful and generous member of the forums, we should be happy that he decided on lasers as one of his hobbies...

daguin

Hemlock Mike said:
Been a long time since I read Latin !!!
Et cum spiri H2O !!!

Mike

;D ;D

Minutus cantorum, minutus balorum, minutus carborata descendum pantorum

;D ;D

Peace,
dave

E pluribus unum?

I don't want any seltzer down my pants <squint>

VW

Damn right man. When I bought the Scientech unit off him, there was loads of goodies in there too. Lets think, there was a 5mW red, 20 lithium batteries, LED's, magnets, oh and an Aixis module too. Deffinately tops!

About those magnets, they're serious business. They're that powerful they oblitirate each other lol. There was 20, now there's 16... Just don't get one within half a foot away from the bulk and it'll be fine. Don't get your fingers in the way either lol.

I've yet to really talk to this guy, but I'd already back him in a fight! He sounds like one of the most stand up, generous, kind and caring people around.

Usually dont find to many people like that now-a-days. Thanks for being a part of the laser forums Dave!

brtaman said:
daguin stole my bike   :-/

...I don't think the pope would steal a bmx...not to mention the frog sacrifices... :-X

Of course I am joking daguin is a very helpful and generous member of the forums, we should be happy that he decided on lasers as one of his hobbies...

Am I the only one who gets the reference?

LRMNmeyer said:
[quote author=brtaman link=1220446216/0#8 date=1220474756]daguin stole my bike :-/

Am I the only one who gets the reference?[/quote]

no