Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dark Horse vs Dark Lasers

good point Jaseth, i appologize, i just felt you deserved it because you were the only one with your eyes open at the time.

daguin

good point Jaseth, i appologize, i just felt you deserved it because you were the only one with your eyes open at the time.

As it has always been, it will remain until you decide to make it different.

I am not angry with you. I do not hate you. You screwed up and instead of manning up and fixing it, you chose to drag it out and try to justify what you did. I left you alone for along time.

Yes I went hunting, because I do not act without evidence or cause. Just because a couple of members brought you to my attention is NOT enough for me to act against someone.

The real problem with me "hunting" for bad things about you was that I found them. I didn't create the situations, the conditions or the builds. I did look for them, but they were already there for me to find. Had you been honest or if there were some simple misunderstanding, I would have left you alone.

I never even acted against Jake21! LOL! That's how much worse the things I found about you were.

Oh and BTW, I am not alone.

Peace,
dave

jeffd

Just something to throw in, when i was a new member i did a trade with darkarmyofone for what i thought was a new laser he just assembled for a host review. The laser was constructed with the most junky aixiz module ever; It looked like it went through a blender. The lens was so wobbley in there that the beam would come out at weird angles when trying to focus it. Of course i was just a newb at the time so i never thought to speak up.

Also with all this controversy surrounding darkarmyofone I do not feel safe ordering from dark lasers. Im afraid I will not get what I ordered( like for example ordering a ggw diode and receiving a sf-aw diode, because i would not be able to tell the difference between the two)

Dark_Horse: Nice website! I totally forgot all about the awesome heatsink you made for me for my very first red burner until I saw this post. On a side note.. The font size on your website is a little hard for me to read though. I know, wrong place to post this.

It would help seeing more posts from you on LPF to remind members there is another awesome machinist on here. You need a "sticky" of your own in the Laser Pro Shop!

@Dave- Would've been nice if you had acted against Jake... ah the memories.

@jeff - If there was an issue, why didnt you say so. we traded for a red laser, AND i have the PM's of you telling me how satisfied you were, whats up with that???

Why didnt you PM me and say hey, i dont think this was worth it. I would have offered you some compensation, or addressed the issue with a fresh module, and less than an inch of thread tape to 100% eliminate the wobble of a stock aixiz lens (They almost ALL wobble) Jeff... less than a $5 fix...

Tht being said, i still offer to fix it. but you really have no room to speak if you couldnt speak up then, and lie'd to me, telling me you were satisfied.

Take that how you please, it was meant in a positive way, and "tone of voice" seems to be very important in this thread. if you still want help, ask for it before i consider wat you said a negative against me on purpose, all because you wouldnt PM me about a red laser.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Last edited:
I'm with Dave..

If Dave takes issue with someone it's with good reason. I've never seen him take such a strong position since I've been here. That carries a lot of weight with me, and I know I'm not the only one.

I'm not interested in holding a discourse on this so that's all you'll be hearing from me. I know who can really be trusted here and I would encourage others to pay close attention to who you do business with.

Last edited:

jeffd

@jeff - If there was an issue, why didnt you say so. we traded for a red laser, AND i have the PM's of you telling me how satisfied you were, whats up with that???

Why didnt you PM me and say hey, i dont think this was worth it. I would have offered you some compensation, or addressed the issue with a fresh module, and less than an inch of thread tape to 100% eliminate the wobble of a stock aixiz lens (They almost ALL wobble) Jeff... less than a $5 fix...

Tht being said, i still offer to fix it. but you really have no room to speak if you couldnt speak up then, and lie'd to me, telling me you were satisfied.

Take that how you please, it was meant in a positive way, and "tone of voice" seems to be very important in this thread. if you still want help, ask for it before i consider wat you said a negative against me on purpose, all because you wouldnt PM me about a red laser.

Tyler - Dark Lasers

Why wouldnt you just use a non-damaged part in the first place? Back then I had no clue how to remove a diode and put it in a new module. So theres nothing i could do about it...

Drew - I wouldnt have to "sound" defensive is people didnt start situaions like this. Dark Horse is 100% justified in being concerned, but when you make an UNSOLVED issue, a live issue on a live forum, of course im going to defend myself. it'd be foolish not to. to not respond, would confirm everyones suspicions, hence why i thanked Charlie for alerting me of this issue. And we all have our time Drew, me, you, all of us are a little defensive now and then, ecspecially when not given a choice, wich is the case here. I still dont have another bad word to say about you Drew, lets not get started in gain ok? that sounds like a good way to handle this to me. enough is enough already.

you guys are savages, what a forum...

re-read what i wrote.... you see where it says no offence...? you and that attitude is why we had words to begin with...

Guys, this whole topic is going sideways.
Notice I did not post my notice in the review-section.

I will try to not go into great detail here as I feel like I have already stated everything in the first post, just read that, followed by the important information from Charlie-Bruce explaining why the background is the same. This the heart of the issue. This is unfortunate, but I am sure it will be handled quickly, at least as far as it can be.

The intent of this thread was to clear up some confusion that has been made apparent to me over the last week or so. My aim is only to make a distinction between the two similarly-marketed sites and more importantly, between the two of us as members. I have no ability to comment on Tyler, nor have I, as I have no direct-experience with him, and anything else would be heresy, I am not into this.

I am not interested in adding drama, only removing it. Thank you to everyone who has spoke in support of me, this is a forum and opinions are very important, they should not be suppressed, however, the whole point is to clear-up confusion, not start a war. If the similarities are just chance and circumstance, then it is what it is. This issue can drop, I cannot imagine what can be reasonably done at this point except to change the BG and move on. As I stated originally and Tyler reiterated, we do not compete, I am not interested in competing with anyone here, at all, never have been. I have more in common with most of you than my own family. How many of your friends and family are exhausted with hearing about lasers, Tesla Coils, magnets etc. lol? You guys are my only escape.

Tyler,
I did not contact you first, as I did not expect you to do anything, I would have little right to do so. I viewed my only option as clearing up the confusion with information and maintaining my own identity. Not to force you to change yours. I am not mad at anyone, not mad at all. But I do feel the need to be distinct, just as anyone else would be, I do consider this my right. The legal-stuff is completely out of the question for the reasons correctly stated before, this should probably not be brought up again, it would never happen, I would simply disappear first.
BTW, thanks for the props on the Sliver-heatsinks (Stainless Cree C3). I love these hosts more than any other so far.
The info is now out there, so we can handle the details off-line. I have never demanded anything to be changed, just clarifed.

Now for some uncharacteristic person-info on me, as I have been rather elusive to many new-members here:
I understand I have not been able to post a great deal over this last year and have not been as visible as most others are. I do read the forum for a few minutes, several-times each day. My banner Used to be right where Modwerx is now, but at the beginning of last year I invested heavily in starting a full-up machine-shop with my brother, while still working a more-than-full-time job as an "aerospace tooling engineer", DH has been the unfortunate-victim in this enterprise. Most, if not all of my "personal-life" has evaporated, along with those pesky sleeping habits. My very home is at stake and I have to land this "bird" safely before I can get back to where I want to be.
It has been a grueling year to say the very least. Very recently, we have decided to bring everything to a close by the end of this year, for the machine-shop that is. I have no regrets really, although my health is now failing as a results of pushing beyond what I could really handle for long. Evidently, I just do not have the stamina to continue. It will get harder before it gets better, but I see a time when I can get back to where I was. I would really like to give better support and information to fellow forum members, like I used to. It is now clearly one of my dreams, as it was before I became sidetracked with some old dreams from my youth. This is done and a freedom comes with having tried. I am working towards returning here as I was before with everything that I have left after I meet all of my other obligations, but it will be a few months before you will see a lot of change. If this seams like a lot more personal-information than you are used to from me, I do apologize.

Keep in mind, Dark Horse is not just a name I came up with, it is who I am. Even at my day-job, (which is where the nickname came from), I have a reputation for getting things done that others gave up on. This can be a problem of course when the things really aren't possible in a "practical-way" and you hold-on too long.

When I see all of these similarities, I am going to try to clear things up. I think this has been done as much as is possible. This is all unfortunate, but so many things in life are.

So much for not going into great detail, sorry.

The information is out there now, and most everyone will now know that there is no connection between the two of us.

Thanks for all of your support, I would be miserable without all of you on this forum.
Sincerely,
Barry

i wish the best to you either way it goes. you are missed as well as your awesome machine work. :)

to dave, i support you and the rest of the guys. to tyler, i know you are still a good person, just please fix the site.

i know tyler got some issues and as he said it was an honest mistake, well since we are a community, i can say nobody is perfect here, if wel all help each other, build each other and trust each other, we are a TEAM here so lets fix the issues together.

to Tyler, please do fixas fast as you could.

To dave, my friend you have said your side, lets try to wait until tyler fix the site.
To Ndrew, thanks for your support for dave,
to the Others, lets move on... wait for tyler to fix, and if he did not act then thats the time we tell him..

Godspeed everyone!!

sorry....i'd love to join in but these posts are too long, and my attention span is too short to read them ;)