Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Dangerness of DLP Hybride Projectors

Hello,
i just started to ask me ( because it gets farer now with my 3W 445nm Build, and i heard the LDs come out of Projectors ) How dangerous are these things for the Eye? . And also how are the LDs working together with LEDs. I know that in there are several Filter and Optics but can't think that this is complete " not dangerous " to look in the Projected Beam.

I only can imagine that the Beam is so " weakend " when it Passes the LCD screen inside that the output gets " safe "

sorry for this nooby question. :thanks:

Best regards
Nico

Remember to be very carful around 5 gallon buckets, if filled with normal everyday drinking water a person could drown if they stuck their head into that bucket of water.

Also do not overlook the extreme hazard of kitchen knives, if crammed up ones backside excessive blood loss could result in death.

Also don't hold a projector up to your eyeball, it could be turned on and hurt your eye.

Also beware of moving cars, electric outlets, and chainsaws.

Last edited:
Remember to be very carful around 5 gallon buckets, if filled with normal everyday drinking water a person could drown if they stuck their head into that bucket of water.

Also do not overlook the extreme hazard of kitchen knives, if crammed up ones backside excessive blood loss could result in death.

Also don't hold a projector up to your eyeball, it could be turned on and hurt your eye.

Also beware of moving cars, electric outlets, and chainsaws.

Hello,
thanks for answer. I'll get it you try to say me be not a over careful :D. i know maybe the question is stupid but it just intersts me how they Bring the " power" to a safe level and how this Projectors works.

Thanks for help
Best regards
Nico

Last edited:
I don't know that a home/office projector with a mercury bulb was every built that was idiot proof.

As for converting laser to useful pictures one popular projector series uses a red led and a blue led then they use blue lasers fired into phosphor to make green light, all this light is focused to the DLP chip, none of the actual laser light is directly exiting the projector, it is converted first.

Some use a set of RGB leds only, others use blue lasers to pump phosphor to make RGB light, but none send coherent beams of blue laser light out of the projector unconditioned.

But no projector is 100% safe from: See Pic Below

dont_zpsoszvwszm.png

Last edited:
Wow
Not a good choice of words there are ladies that frequent this forum and i'm sure they wouldn't appreciate that. Your on spot Trend...

Rich:)

Hello,
thanks for answers. your drawing is nice and your right. No projector ever with high pressure mercury arc lamp is safe. Sorry for that stupid question, we can close this.

Best regards,
Nico