Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Damnit. Held by customs...

Just got updated on the tracking for a package from fasttech, I ordered 5 laser modules, a couple trit vials, some circuits and heatsinks.

Just saw this in the tracking;

"Item has been presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review."

Out of all packages I have sent and received from Canada Post, this is the first time I have seen a tracking status regarding customs like this.

Hoping I'm not screwed and able to give it time to be released, anyone else ever got a message like this before?

Razako

Idk is any of that illegal to import into Canada? Usually laser modules are fine in the US at least. Other than that, I'd only worry about the tritium.

Last edited:
Yeah, unlike deuterium, tritium is made in a reactor. What are the laws concerning this in Canada?

Ahhh crap. Well, I just looked up basic tritium structure and someone did an emission test on a sample and turns out they emit very very faint X-Rays. I wouldn't be surprised if that's what tripped the customs check.

I've imported modules before easily even when stated on the package as "laser module," but never before ordered tritium so that's probably my answer.

However, no mention of shipping legality through any country at all, weird.

I honestly don't mind if the trits are taken out as it's only 10$ worth of samples, what's more important is everything else. But that I'm not sure if they will discard/return-to-sender the whole package or just the trits.

I guess only time will tell! :undecided: Thanks for the help guys!

I've never seen or used trit. Hmmm interesting stuff. Hope it all works out though

SyKo

Hopefully all good, though not from Canadia :p, almost every single one of my DHL packages get stopped for customs checks and opened since they are packed with modules, housings, diodes :D

Hmm. Ive wanted to order trit for awhile now. Keep us updated. They might just be double checking to make sure the levels are of legal tolerance

Sweet! Checked tracking earlier, here's the message I saw:

Item was released by Customs and is now with Canada Post for processing

I live pretty close to the customs gateway, so I wouldn't be surprised if it got here in less than a day or two! :D