Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

damage

I have a damaged 12X diode here for sale. It was doing 610mW at 440mA however now it is doing <400mW at 440mA. You can see the dark area in the spot where the Die needs to be cleaned. Apparently the window on this diode is loose. My recommendation would be to de-can this one and clean the die although that would require removing the diode from the aixiz module as well. As you can see it is installed in an aixiz module already. It has a Rkcstr driver attached and is CASE POSITIVE. All you need to get out anything of this laser is apply power. It is good to go as a drop in module. The lens is a simple aixiz acrylic though I do have a 405nm glass aixiz that needs a cleaning if you prefer. No extra charge.

I am asking $50 shipped for this item.

img0482ex.jpg

img0483hl.jpg

Re: Damaged 12X diode

Yeah this is the module from xStatica's laser. I took it out of the ehgemus host and replaced it with another 12X. His old 12X is my new 12X at 650mW.

SOLD... Pending payment from potatorage.

Not necessarily. I have had a windowless 8X diode once and it was "degrading" all the way down to 100mW from 400mW. Once I cleaned off the Die of the laser the output was back to where it started. This is due to the air particles being burned onto the die because it is not sealed in argon. Once you remove the window (or loosen in this case) the seal is broken and crap begins to block the emitter. It is not "starting to die" it is just getting dirty. If you remove the window on this diode and clean the die I am sure it will get back up to 600mW again.

How do you clean such a sensitive laser die?

This item is sold. To clean the die though you would need a steady hand as well as a good jewelers loop. Also very tiny cleaning tools. Not sure about compressed air. Never tried that on the inside if a diode.