Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

daguin's HeNe's "Quick & Dirty"

daguin

***CLOSED***

OK Folks -- This one is being put to bed. Thanks for your interest and PM's. I'm going to start packing now. There are a few packages to go out Monday. They are all ready. We just need the post office to open up

See y'all when I return

Peace,
dave

This one is going to be much easier to write up:p

I also have a sale of diode lasers going on now

http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/daguins-quick-dirty-sale-42560.html

I have several Helium-Neon lasers available. Most include the PSU. Shipping inside the continental US is included. First PM takes the unit. I will be cutting this one off on Sunday night as well.

First up are six "red" (632nm) HeNe's in the 3-5mW range. All six of these have PSU that are powered by mains. Four of them can use either 120V or 220V. The other two only use 120V. These are all in tubes. they are offered here for $45 each
henes.jpg

In addition I have several HeNe's in tubes without PSU's. Three are 3-5mW and are offered for $30 each. Only one of the 10mW left; offered for $40 each

Next are two 1-3mW Bare tube Hene's. Both of these have a PSU that runs on 12V. They are offered here for $40 each
barehenes.jpg

Finally, I have a VERY RARE, bare tube, YELLOW HeNe for sale. It comes with a PSU. It puts out ~2mW. The color is actually a bit more yellow and less golden than what my camera picked up. I used a visualizer for the beam shots. It is offered here for $300:drool:
yene4.jpg

yene1.jpg

yene3.jpg

yene5.jpg

Sorry. I didn't get around to hooking up the argons I have available. If you are interested and will trust me without pictures, PM me. We may be able to work something out. They will range from $200-$300 PLUS shipping. I have single lines and multi-lines. I have cylidrical and box type. All have PSU's and will be wired for "idle." Remote interfaces will not be included. I will supply you with links to schematics for the remotes. They are NOT hard to build. Also, you will have to supply the fan for these argon units.

Peace,
dave

Last edited:

daguin

'Tis a "Top O' the Mornin'" bump I be givnin' myself

AAARRRRRGHHHHH!

Peace,
dave

daguin

***CLOSED***

OK Folks -- This one is being put to bed. Thanks for your interest and PM's. I'm going to start packing now. There are a few packages to go out Monday. They are all ready. We just need the post office to open up

See y'all when I return

Peace,
dave

I got my 10mW HeNe today. It works great with my yellow HeNe power supply. My only concern is that the dot is not exactly clean, and there is a ghost dot next to the main one, but it's alright.
Thanks for the deal Dave!

daguin

I got my 10mW HeNe today. It works great with my yellow HeNe power supply. My only concern is that the dot is not exactly clean, and there is a ghost dot next to the main one, but it's alright.
Thanks for the deal Dave!

Sounds like some crap settled on the mirror. A judicious cleaning of the front of the front mirror should clean up the beam. The "ghost" sounds like the mirror got knocked out of alignment slightly. You would have to open the tube to work on that. Did you try letting the laser warm up completely to see it it went away?

Peace,
dave

I'll let the laser warm up. Honestly I wouldn't want to risk making it worse and taking the tube apart to fix it.

Alright. After a bit of compressed air and leaving the tube on (not sure which worked), but the dot is mostly clean now except for the ghost dot. It's fine how it is.;)