Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Daguin's 165mW Blu_ray Custom

I just want to make a quick statement about Daguin's 165mW custom Blu-Ray laser I just bought.  WOW !  I am able to light a white tipped match at over 6 feet.  I will try other tests this week but for now I think that is pretty good.  You see so many videos of matches being lit at pretty good distances but the only drawback is they are sharpied.  I have tried white tipped matchbook matches and white tipped box matches (all unsharpied).  Both light instantly.  I have also found both my RPL-400 and the S-KY 635nm +400mW can light these white tipped matches as well.

looks like about to join your club as well. i just recently ordered one of those matched sets he was selling. but we must see PICS!!! ;D

I will try to have the pictures by the weekend. Sorry for making everyone wait.

jimc1128 said:
I just want to make a quick statement about Daguin's 165mW custom Blu-Ray laser I just bought.  WOW !  I am able to light a white tipped match at over 6 feet.  I will try other tests this week but for now I think that is pretty good.  You see so many videos of matches being lit at pretty good distances but the only drawback is they are sharpied.  I have tried white tipped matchbook matches and white tipped box matches (all unsharpied).  Both light instantly.  I have also found both my RPL-400 and the S-KY 635nm +400mW can light these white tipped matches as well.
my 72mW Dorcy Blu Ray can light white tipped matches... I think with 405nm it's a little easier to light white tips compared to 650nm or 532nm.

just letting ya know :)

and 6 ft is pretty impressive. I'll have to do some experimenting :)

and just to join the crowd, WHERE ARE THE PICTURES
lol