Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

D cell alternatives

Pilgor

I'm getting tired of buying D cell batteries for my 400mW Titan. I'm looking for alternative ideas.

I came across Sanyo Eneloop AA to D adapters. Accessories - SANYO Component Europe GmbH

I know it says they are the same size as D cell, but can any confirm this?

Does anyone know where I can buy them?

Thank You

Blord

The adapter should work fine but the capacity will lower.
Have you consider buying rechargable NiMH D cells ? Primary cells mare more expensive if you use the cells on regular base.

Yeah, for high-current applications you will want rechargeable batteries, as the current drain reduces the battery life of Alkaline cells. D-cells have about 12000mAH at low discharges, but even with high discharges on the D-cells, the NiMH AA batteries probably won't have close to the capacity of the D-cells. You can buy those D-cell NiMH batteries, but they cost about $8 each, so weigh your options.

You can also see if these 2AA to D cell adapters would work for you. At that cost + cost of AA batteries, it might be better to just get the rechargeable D-cells. There are 3AA-to-D cell adapters too, but they cost so much it'd be cheaper to just buy the rechargeable D-cell itself.

Last edited:

Pilgor

Thanks for the help guys. Guess I will save up for some rechargeable D cells and a charger. Any suggestions on a charger?

Just get one of those Smart Chargers for NiMH batteries or whatever battery tech you need.