Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

cut fs mirrors

I have a few fs mirrors, but I don't know how to cut them to size. They are glass, and I do not have a glass cutter thing. How can I cut them?

daguin

Get a glass cutter thing. They are less <$5 at the hardware store.

Peace,
dave

Go to your nearest hardware store & they will cut them to whatever size you want for a very cheap price, maybe even FREE if he's nice enough ;)

ghetto way... put it on the corner of a sturdy desk... hit it with somethin hard... n hope it wont shatter... [smiley=evil.gif]

Ieon

bugattidude said:
way to make yourself blind... put it on the corner of a sturdy desk... hit it with somethin hard... n hope it wont shatter...  [smiley=evil.gif]
;D

You can buy glass cutters or even score the glass with a triangular file/knife and bend if you are in a risk taking mood. Naturally you have to be incredibly careful not to scratch the coating.

Glass also has the property of becoming far weaker when exposed to water, scribing a nice notch in the back of the mirror, wetting it and bending should work for small breaks.